Do you have a lazy boy chair?

Randomguy

We were not impressed with the lazy boy brand but we have recliners everywhere. A massage recliner, an electric recliner a couch with two recliners and a matching reclining rocking chair. There is also a recliner in the guest room. Having a recliner came in handy after some of my crashes and surgeries but I wouldn’t have bought them. My wife loves to put her feet up.

Use to several decades ago, then graduated to the more compact Scan Designs type leather "sling" recliner which is long since gone (daughter took to college). Next to go in the living room (recently moved to family room with new living room set) is a bulky lounge chair which is basically a traditional char with extended length creating a built in foot stool. Recently had to replace computer chair where spend most of time anyway. While I looked  at Lazyboy, and the were OK if a little bulky, went through two "medium budget $90-125" returns before settling on the more expensive Beautyrest chair which I preferred over Lazyboy. The fact that it was on sale and offered in gray rather than black or brown helped also.

The longest owned chair still in use/display is a traditional wooden rocking chair that was purchased over 40 years ago at W. T. Grants & Co. (their "Grants City" store)

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

The first time my wife spent over $800 for a chair I thought she was crazy. She has aches and pains and is very particular about her chairs. As the padding settles down over time she goes shopping again. I can’t tell the difference in a recliner from new to a couple years old but she insists they are not comfortable anymore. One recliner she bought and when they delivered it she insisted it wasn’t made the same as the showroom model and made them take it back. I don’t argue with her, I just roll my eyes.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

We used to have two non-Lazy Boy recliners but the Mrs, got tired of them and pitched them (see LJ's post :D) (one was a little tweaked from one of our bigger friends, but the other was still ok).  I could take or leave them.  Now we make do with ottomans.  Our latest couch has a bigass matching ottoman that sort of takes the place of a coffee table, with storage inside.  She also re-upholstered some ancient Ethan Allan individual ottomans.  Since I also am a workaholic like sheepherder, I usually sit on one of two computer chairs.  I like the short backed one a lot better than the tall backed one because it is comfier.

• Heart 1

When I was young, my Dad would listen to college football games on the radio.  One school's broadcast was sponsored by Lazy Boy and each game they'd award a chair for the best offensive and defensive player.  I used to imagine a giant classroom with all these recliners lined up in it.

I don't have one, but my aunt got one and it was very nice.

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I meant recliners, I guess I used a generic term that wasn't as generic as I thought.  I still would like one, and I would eat corned beef hash while sitting in it.

...but only the best corned beef hash, made with real corned beef that you had cooked and pulled into shreds yourself.