Chick-Fil-A review

Randomguy

Just now, JerrySTL said:

Try going on Sunday when the crowds are smaller.

No crowds right now. I only had the base crunchy sandwich, no extras. 

I added mayonnaise because it needed it.  Not bad, but not gushworthy upon a sample of one.  

It is hard to really critique a place like this, I know that charm often presents itself over time.  What should have I gotten?

22 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I added mayonnaise because it needed it.  Not bad, but not gushworthy upon a sample of one.  

It is hard to really critique a place like this, I know that charm often presents itself over time.  What should have I gotten?

I like the regular sandwich with their house sauce.  Actually I usually order a couple of the sansldwiches, pull them off the bun and eat the chicken patty with the sauce.

As for fast food chicken it’s pretty good but nothing to gush over.

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Southwest chicken salad. 

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Saved?

• Heart 1

Contractor had a safety meeting on site last week. Big wigs in town. Mandatory trade attendance. They catered in Chick fil A. I'm with RG. Ok at best. Probably better hot off the grease pit. Ours was at least an hour & a half old

They shoulda just had the gas company portable BBQ trailer stop in. That increases attendance

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I finally had an opportunity to try Chick-Fil-A out after having heard people gush about it for a few years.

It was ok. 

It's a "compared to..." thing for me.  I like the waffle fries. Also, Chick-fil-a is convenient and friendly.  Pretty good milk shakes too.  Again, this a "compared to" sort of thing where it is McDonalds or BK or similar, since it is a fast food joint.

13 hours ago, Randomguy said:

See, here's the deal.  If you compare it to a sit down eatin' place that does fried chicken.... well, it's not THAT great.  But if you compare it to Wendy's, McDonalds, etc. it's amazing.  I think that it's one of the best fast food places going.  Unless you consider Qdoba fast food.  They are good as well.  

11 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

They’ve never tried to save me, but they are so freaking polite it’s unnerving.

It does tend to drive you nuts.  

• Heart 2

20 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Does that come with fries?

...the fries are what they threaten you with if you don't repent. :)

Even as late as in 1687, a man was boiled to death in oil in Bremen for having been of valuable help to some coin forgers who had escaped justice  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_by_boiling

2 hours ago, Kzoo said:

I've never been to one.  I need to get a quick bite tonight so seeing how I drive right by one on the ride home, I might just stop if I get out of the office on time.

...they are often located near a Hobby Lobby, so you can also pick up some spray paint to huff.  Unless you're on a budget, then you'll need to choose.

• Whatever 1

1 hour ago, Parr8hed said:

Curios to know what you thought of it.

I didn't get out of the office in time to stop.  I drive by the place twice a day - 5 days a week.  I'm less that 200 yards from the building as I zip past.  You would I could think to stop and check the place out.  Its only been there for 3 years.

• Heart 1

I'm surprised the one near me doesn't serve up more T-Bones. It is the out corner building of the Costco parking lot. Both of Chick-Fil-A entrances are at the Costco entrances turning off 6 lane divided highway, and the Chic-Fit-A entrance is blind to the highway traffic. Turn into Costco at speed and immediately slam on your brakes as cars are either turning into Chick-Fil-A or worse, line backed out the parking lot and blocking that portion of the Costco entrance lane. GRRRRR. Then it becomes an issue...Costco Food Court vs Chick-Fil-A.

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

I meant "out into the greater US" more.  

We travel.  We tend to stick closer to home lately, due to the aging truck.  Trying to milk that puppy out to the end, so we stay within about 300 miles.  It is within the range of our AAA Premier RV policy. 

Besides, there is still lots of good riding out here that we still need to get to.

11 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

We travel.  We tend to stick closer to home lately, due to the aging truck.  Trying to milk that puppy out to the end, so we stay within about 300 miles.  It is within the range of our AAA Premier RV policy. 

Besides, there is still lots of good riding out here that we still need to get to.

No worries!  I get the staying close to home.  You might verify the 300 mile number, though.  It is 200 from what I see, but could be different out in the vast West!

We have a Chick-fil-a food truck but it doesn't sell fries ? 

Chick-fil-A Mobile Food Truck