Short skirts

Parsnip Totin Jack

1 minute ago, dinneR said:

How is this a thing? I try to never arrive to meetings early. Maybe 60-120 seconds so I'm at a table ready to go.

Choice seating. Also shows respect to whoever is running the show. A lot of meetings start late because not everyone is there yet or isn’t ready. 

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

It's not a thing... It is the thing.

6 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Choice seating. Also shows respect to whoever is running the show. A lot of meetings start late because not everyone is there yet or isn’t ready. 

I'm ready to go at the start. If you're early, you are wasting time. 

4 minutes ago, dinneR said:

As much as most people hate Teams or Zoom meetings, I LOVE them. No pre-meeting bullshit socializing, no loss of work time during the meeting, no awkward exit away from people you don’t want to talk to. Just log in, hit mute, turn off your camera and do your other work. Unmute and turn on camera when/if it’s your speaking part.

• Heart 2

3 minutes ago, dinneR said:

You said you plan on being there 1 to 2 minutes before the start.  That is officially early (by most standards).  Good on you.  If, on the other hand you forgot your pen and decided to backtrack to get it, you are now officially late and that is offensive to the presenter and others in the meeting.

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1

Just now, Kzoo said:

You said you plan on being there 1 to 2 minutes before the start.  That is officially early (by most standards).  Good on you.  If, on the other hand you forgot your pen and decided to backtrack to get it, you are now officially late and that is offensive to the presenter and others in the meeting.

Can we get back to discussing the short skirt and long legs, please?

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

Our building dress code is pretty casual. Sometimes people will come over from one of the other offices for assistance.They tend to dress up more.  We all work the front service desk once/month to assist them. Most of the people here are the ages of my kids. Some of the young women haven’t quite figured out the line between dressing professionally and dressing for a night of clubbing.  They can definitely cause an HR jump! You can notice without being pervy. 

• Awesome 1

13 minutes ago, groupw said:

Most of the people here are the ages of my kids. Some of the young women haven’t quite figured out the line between dressing professionally and dressing for a night of clubbing.  They can definitely cause an HR jump! You can notice without being pervy. 

Will have enough of that...not knowing the line between professional vs. night clubbing for attire on job.

As an instructor when I was doing classroom training, I did have to bend underneath table to deal with plugs, etc. And I was wearing skirts often... But those plugs were beside people's chairs and stuff I did was  just before class started.   

There is a fine line of skirt length....each woman differs. Some would consider my skirts too short. Or they might be surprised how old I was.   At 5'1" no one really notices legs. :D  I think no one cares /notices my skirt length. They would notice it more if I wore it too long.  Short women look frumpier in too long skirts.

• Haha 1

I was working on a PC in a classroom on their lunch break. They were the old huge towers that sat on the floor. I was under the table reaching for the network table when they started entering the room. One lady said “there’s a man under my table!”  Another piped in, “I hope you brought ent to share with everyone!”

Gina works in an office.  Known as  THE OLD LADY.  She dresses very frumpy and usually has her hair pinned up in a bun like the old librarian.  I don't think anyone at her job has ever seen her with her hair down. 

20220305_092338.jpg

Her mall attire and makeup are very different 😄

FB_IMG_1641877852004.jpg

Her evening wear and makeup even more different than work makeup.  The outfit too. Can't show the tutu portion of the pic. 😉

20220616_131409.jpg

Gina won't wear a short skirt though. Says her legs are too thick.  

I don't think it's her legs so much. I think her knees.  Not much definition at her knee area. So she looks better wearing something that covers her knees,  or something really short in short pants that go mid to upper thigh distracting attention from her knees. 

I think that is her one weakness. The knees. 😄

DSCN1091.JPG

3 hours ago, Kzoo said:

I don't bring a pen or paper. I consider meetings to be nap time. 

3 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

I attended a meeting today on a new product we are thinking of issuing. The lady from training was there setting up. I arrive early because if you’re on time, you’re late. A few more people show up. She is in the front row and setting up a Zoom meeting for people to join remotely. She’s having trouble getting hep computer hooked up and bent over to check the connections. Her short skirt, which had been showing a lot of leg, suddenly showed a lot more leg. I looked away before I saw too much; don’t want to be the dirty old man in the room. That was my cardio for the day, heart rate got up to zone 2

Where are the pics?

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, dinneR said:

Where does Cory work now? Maybe I could get a job there. 

I just looked on LinkedIn.  Duly Health and Care, Lisle, IL.   SW suburb of Chicago.  Just a short drive to your old hometown.  I'll put in a good word for you.  Do you like sick people?

6 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I just looked on LinkedIn.  Duly Health and Care, Lisle, IL.   SW suburb of Chicago.  Just a short drive to your old hometown.  I'll put in a good word for you.  Do you like sick people?

Perfect. I was born in Berwyn. I have cousins in Naperville.

5 hours ago, dinneR said:

How is this a thing? I try to never arrive to meetings early. Maybe 60-120 seconds so I'm at a table ready to go.

I guess I learned early in the navy because of you're late you're in trouble.  Traditionally in the navy watchstanders are relieved 15 minutes early.  Nominally this gives time to pass on any information but usually it's just tradition. However if you are 30 seconds late you may receive some sort of admonishment, from a light slap on the wrist to something more severe.  We used to drive in from home planning on arriving a half hour early to allow for traffic problems or some sort of breakdown.  Those do not constitute excuses for being late.

It's a tradition once learned that is difficult to unlearn or ignore.

• Thank You 1

Strange because Gina has never looked good in a mini skirt. We met 35 years ago. She wasn't fat, even had boxes in her abs.  But her knees were wide so a mini made them look Strange. 

Short shorts fine, mid calf fine. Just nothing to enhance her knees. Strange. 

But she always wanted to wear miniskirts but never could. 

For, if Gina wanted to compete seriously. She'd kill me on the bike. 😄

Gwash.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, Longjohn said:

We called that a Leroy. He slept through all the meetings.

A old southern,slow-talking' truck driver answers an ad in the paper for an OTR position. He goes into meet with the supervisor. The supervisor knows they need drivers bad, so he cuts off the entire interview and says:

Supervisor: "Look, if you can pass your certification test, the job is yours."

Driver: "Well, if I pass the test, what time do you want me and Leroy to start?"

Supervisor: "Leroy? Who the hell is Leroy?"

Driver: "Leroy's my swamper. We've seen it all. Me and Leroy been together 17 years."

Supervisor: "Look buddy. We don't hire swampers here. You want the job or not?"

Driver: "Well, me and Leroy been together 17 years. I don't work without Leroy. We've seen everything"

The supervisor knows that they are desperate. So he decides to skip the certification and just do a quick check...

Supervisor: "OK fine. You answer this question right and you and Leroy can start on Monday. Let's say your coming down a mountain and your brake line ruptures. Your gaining speed, you've got no brakes, you can't double-clutch it to get ut down into a lower gear. Up ahead there's a truck jackknifed in the middle of the road and you have no brakes. QUICK, WHATDO YOU DO!?!?"

Driver: "Well, the first thing I'd do is reach over and wake up Leroy"

Supervisor: "WHAT?!?! WAKE UP LEROY?" "WHAT THE HELL FOR?"

Driver: "Well..., Me and Leroy been together for 17 years. And He's seen everything... But Leroy ain't never seen no damn wreck like we fixin to have'!!!

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Early is on time, on time is late and late is unacceptable!  My mantra to my scouts 

That is so wrong. Sorry to break it to you.

If you are early, you are wasting time. You could be working, but you showed up early and are now sitting around doing nothing while waiting for a meeting to start. 

15 hours ago, shootingstar said:

At 5'1" no one really notices legs. :D  I think no one cares /notices my skirt length. 

I think you misjudge.

My wife is 5’2”.  We weren’t dating yet, we were standing in church talking. She was laughing and I noticing and thinking, “Wow, she has really nice legs!”

I actually looked at her in the truck last night and thought the same thing. Told her too. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

7 hours ago, dinneR said:

If you are early, you are wasting time. You could be working, but you showed up early and are now sitting around doing nothing while waiting for a meeting to start. 

Maybe.  I would use that time for work related small talk.  Often more was gained during those 5 minutes than the actual meeting.

• Heart 2

7 hours ago, dinneR said:

Actually, I show up early for meetings. I use that time to mentally prep for the meeting. And get the most strategic seat...

• Heart 1