petitepedal

2 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Weathertech floor mats :dontknow:

Sirius Radio?

Under body spray :dontknow:

Whatever else the try to sell you :whistle:

Yes

No

Yes-Factory rust protectant if it is wax based. Not the guys who drill holes everywhere and spray janky oil in. 

Make sure they use the correct seasonal air in the tires. 

I like heated seats and steering wheel. 

Heated mirrors are nice in winter too. 

• Heart 1

WeatherTech mats (or the other mats people have mentioned) - good idea in Minnesota

I like my Sirius in part because I'm not very up on other streaming  music services, and also I like some of their talk/comedy channels.  Plus most of their subscriptions alos have streaming now, so you can listen in the house on an Alexa /Google assistant.  But my sister steams from her phone (she has unlimited data) and doesn't really care for the talk channels, so it's not that important to her.

No clue on the under body stuff.

• Heart 1

I really don't like weather tech mats. They get wet and then they are slippery. I just get the carpeted mats. When they start getting salty, I pop em out, hose em down, give em a little wash in the laundry tub with a little laundry soap, and let em dry. It's really not hard considering it's usually just the driver's mat. (I'll do the passenger side once in a while too) 

• Heart 1

13 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Weathertech floor mats :dontknow:

Sirius Radio?

Under body spray :dontknow:

Whatever else the try to sell you :whistle:

I would definitely get the Weather Tech floor mats, and a receiver hitch but I would not get them through the dealership.

You can buy direct from Weathertech at a much lower price.

I have had several receivers installed at U Haul at much lower prices than the dealership wanted.

I get my vehicles treated annually with a rust proofing spray and it is well worth it. In Canada the go to company is Krown  Rust Control. Not sure if they have any US locations.

The last car I got rid of at 11 years old was super clean underneath with no sign of rust anywhere.

Ok I just looked for US locations for Krown and it looks like the closest one to you is in Wausau.

• Heart 1

41 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I've never understood the need for heated seats.  Usually, in the wintertime, I wear pants.  :huh:

While we're up north in minus twenty temps, its hilarious listening to our granddaughter negotiating with her mom and grandma as to who gets stuck sitting in the non heated center part of the backseat. :D

• Haha 2

As I've mentioned before, heated seats can be helpful during all seasons of the year for soothing sore backs and or muscles on long trips. Sirius radio can be helpful on long trips, where reception is sketchy. Normally I only listen to one of two stations, NASCAR and Willy's Roadhouse, but my wife has broader tastes. Glad we don't normally have to deal with the wet snow/salty conditions that challenge most of you folks. We can certainly tell the vehicles that have been driven on the salt treated roads in the oil patch, as they show a lot more rust.

• Heart 1