Do you eat an apple a day?

Road Runner

We have a local orchard, about 40 minutes away.  We still have LOTS of apples from the last trip.  If I recall we made 3 trips thier this summer / fall.  They close on the last day in November. 

We have at least one apple a day.  

When the supply runs out, then we get the apples at the LGS. 

• Heart 1

The Apple castle has a fill a basket deal where you can mix any of the types of apples they grow to fill a basket. I tried about ten different types. They were all very good but I don’t know which ones I liked best because they got all mixed together in the basket. I’m about ready to get another basket full.

• Heart 2

20 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

The Apple castle has a fill a basket deal where you can mix any of the types of apples they grow to fill a basket. I tried about ten different types. They were all very good but I don’t know which ones I liked best because they got all mixed together in the basket. I’m about ready to get another basket full.

I’ve had this problem too. They need to provide little apple ids. :D

• Heart 1

Wow, what a bunch of apple eating people here. I have one maybe every couple weeks.

Do you eat the apple whole or cut it up? I find as the years go by the front teeth don't take too well to munching on a whole apple. If you do eat it whole, are you also one of those (shudder) core eaters?

Gala isn't bad, but honey crisp or cosmic crisp or one of the other new-crisp varieties are awesome!

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

I’ve had this problem too. They need to provide little apple ids. :D

2 hours ago, Airehead said:

Take a roll of blue masking tape with you. 

That would work. I was thinking about taking a bite out of each type before I put it in the basket.

2 hours ago, Road Runner said:

I don't think so.  I have tried all the others that my store carries, at one time or another.  I always come back to Gala.

I like Empire the best of the ones I know. There were some really good ones in the basket but I don’t know what they were called.

3 hours ago, Road Runner said:

I don't think so.  I have tried all the others that my store carries, at one time or another.  I always come back to Gala.

Ok. Different strokes for different folks. I find gala a tad boring. I love the tart ones like anything named crisp. Empire, jona red, ida red, there are so many good ones.