who will come back to the forum next?

bikeman564™

Just now, shootingstar said:

I never knew Nate. I guess I had dropped out of space for a few yrs. by then.

He was a peach!  I loved him, but he had a persona he played up to that rubbed some people consistently the wrong way.  Also, when he went off the rails, he really went off the rails.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Also, some of you may laugh, but I also miss Pedalphile. 

I liked him. A hoot. I also generally love the non-US perspectives out there - especially someone like @jsharr - so the more the merrier.

But hopefully, at least, we know @Dirtyhip will pop in on occasion, and we can also dream of @donkpow returning to the mix.  

I wish we had a beanz who could stick to bike and food and non-aggro stuff.  God knows we need more bike stuff!

• Heart 3

39 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I am hurt if it was just a drive-by.  :(

I miss DH, Page Turner and FSOG a lot, and would love to see TER back.  EPG is a glaring absence, there is no substitute for that kind of dude, makes me want to go build a fence and ride a trainer to the moon.

Also, some of you may laugh, but I also miss Pedalphile.  There are others, of course, sorry if I missed them.

EPG would be nice to have back.. Soylent and that other Wisconsin guy were fun too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I liked him. A hoot. I also generally love the non-US perspectives out there - especially someone like @jsharr - so the more the merrier.

And now you know not all Canadians are the same.  Learn more about metric follies, etc. 

It would be great if we had a handful from outside of North America.  

4 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

And now you know not all Canadians are the same.  Learn more about metric follies, etc. 

It would be great if we had a handful from outside of North America.  

I am in Texas.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

With the exception of Beanz and Nate,  if they aren't here, they don't want to be here.   

That is a great point.  We should tie them up, kidknap them and force them to post here until they like us.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, groupw said:

I saw a Tesla Cybertruck in the wild last week. I take back all the horrible things I said about the Aztek!

Yeah - similar family tree?

Our general contractor has a Ford Lightning.  He really loves it - but it also looks "normal".  Normal can be nice.

23 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Yeah - similar family tree?

Our general contractor has a Ford Lightning.  He really loves it - but it also looks "normal".  Normal can be nice.

I had one pass me in the freeway. I was driving the Miata with the top down. I was surprised by the quiet. Not just the lack of engine noise, but the lack of “whumba whumba” tire noise so typical to 4WD pickups. 

What about Eyes of Texas, that fellow from Conroe, TX, the lady from western Montana, the lady from Washington state, just to name a few. I met 2 of the 4 when traveling in Texas and Washington. Met the lady in Washington on the same trip I met King Termite. I think some of you probably keep up with some on Facebook. Also been wondering how the Canadian cyclist that moved to Australia is doing. Any ideas? Also wondered about, Wilderness, I think from California. Just drank some water from the beautiful cup she sent me for March Christmas. Does Petit ever hear from the EMT from Wisconsin that moved to western Minnesota. I know there are many others, that I can think of situations and family members, but cannot recall names and places.

17 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

What about Eyes of Texas, that fellow from Conroe, TX, the lady from western Montana, the lady from Washington state, just to name a few. I met 2 of the 4 when traveling in Texas and Washington. Met the lady in Washington on the same trip I met King Termite. I think some of you probably keep up with some on Facebook. Also been wondering how the Canadian cyclist that moved to Australia is doing. Any ideas?

Machka and Rowan?  She no longer posts on BF either.  Stopped in 2017. 

Just checked her blog.  Rowan had an accident in 2023 and I gather that changed a lot for them.  I think he was/is unable to work so their finances have taken a hit.  Stressful times.  She was a really nice gal and an avid brevet rider. 

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 2