When was the last time you remember physically renting a movie?

Randomguy

Maybe a year ago.  We had a regional chain (that has announced their end date) that still rents or did rent movie.s  Our local store was always busy.  I would take the grandkids when they stayed.  They liked to spend time picking put a few movies for the weekend.  Now they fight over the Roku.

In the 90's, I had an Aunt and Uncle from out of state who would visit the Aunt's brother, another Uncle of mine who was partly disabled, for a weekend once or twice a month.  I would always invite them to my house for an evening, along with other family members, to watch a movie and I'd treat them to shrimp or hotdogs, etc.  I'd rent stuff like "Blazing Saddles," "Foul Play," etc. - mostly comedies.

I don't think I've rented a movie in the 2000's.  I've had a lot of digital movie files passed on to me but with Amazon Prime, etc. I haven't needed much of that.

A couple years ago. We had plans canceled and it was going to be a crappy weather weekend. We saw the Red Box in the lobby of the grocery store and found a movie on DVD that we had been waiting to see and wouldn’t be streaming for another month. 

• Heart 1

Used to use the redbox for roadtrips.  DVD player in the headrest.  Every few hundred miles stop and return and rent another.  Would do that for camping sometimes as well.  We had a little DVD player and projector and would put a movie up on a big sheet outside.  Been as recent as 2 years ago or so?