Morning check in

petitepedal

On a funny note, I was watchig the morning news and they were showing coverage of the death snow blizzard in Minisoda and my son commented on the snow shot.  I was able to tell him that was a park in Edina because I had been watching the Fox4 cams from around Mini A Polish.

https://www.fox9.com/centennial-lakes-park-edina-live-camera

• Haha 1

I had sleet and freezing rain when I left the house yesterday. I stayed mostly in the right lane because the traffic had cleared a path. When I got to an overpass they had an electric sign telling you bridge freezes before road surface. I shut of my cruise control and skiddered across the overpass. They were right. I stopped for gas at the slippery Rock exit and when I got back on the interstate it was just raining. The rain continued until ten miles outside of Carnegie where I had dry roads. The sun is shining today in Carnegie.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I was just outside and ice is falling off all the waars :)

Live oaks are all over the place down here.  They are the oaks with the smaller leaves that stay on all winter.  When we get ice and it starts to melt, you get these small leaf shaped ice helicopters falling.  It is weird.

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

The whole Portland area is shut down. Snow!  We are about 20 minutes south of Portland proper. Portland got almost 11 inches (twss)  we got 3 or 4 inches. This is going to stick around for a while as the temp isn't going much above 35 degrees. I shoveled the sidewalk from our alley to the mailbox. Sarah did a pass on the courtyard sidewalk. 

Dogs had a nice run this morning. Stella (chiweenie) was having fun. 

20230223_085731.jpg

• Heart 4

Did the snow throwing and shoveling yesterday morning and after work. Just had to throw out bird seed this morning. Temp was 3°

(The deck was totally clear the other day, and the snowbanks were quite small.)

This is just the deck. Out front is the big driveway and sidewalk. That's where the real time is spent clearing snow.

IMG_20230224_080551664_copy_1280x960.thumb.jpg.ec9372ce0a2dca5fef6ff978586cdb10.jpg

• Heart 1