All you bastiges talking snowblower this and snowblower that

jsharr

• jsharr changed the title to All you bastiges talking snowblower this and snowblower that

Yesterday I cleaned the landscaping with the leaf blower.   Then I used the JD tractor as a leaf blower.  2 hours later I was done for the last time this year.   (I hope)

10 days ago I installed the 48" snow blade on my old JD tractor. 

Tomorrow will be our first snow.  Only 1 inch.   :(   But that's enough for me to use the JD and snowblade.  

image.thumb.jpeg.1131bea3ea89510937dd0db6d1c66e7e.jpeg

• Heart 4

What’s a snowblower. Come to think of it, what is snow?

Last week I edged and mowed which should last a month or two. This time bagged rather than mulched to collect seeds rather than spreading. This time of year weeds tend to stand out with growth clumps over dormant grass forcing future mowing. Sprayed the entire yard with weed killer to delay winter mowings. Never can wipe them out totally.

• Heart 2

We go several years without heavy snows then have a Winter with several.

My brother-in-law from Maine got a snow blower when he first moved to Maryland even though we told him it wasn't going to be used much.

Of course, there were several heavy snows, a few 12" to 30" that Winter!  He was the hero of his block.

He also wondered why we put cages around tomato plants.  He knows now.

I don't think he owns a snow blower any more, unless he found one while picking up $25-$50 as-is, small motor equipment from Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace, etc.  His retirement "hobby" is small motor repair and he fixes people's broken mowers, pressure washers, weed whackers, etc. and repairs the as-is stuff and sells it.  Often, they are returns to Lowe's, etc. where the guy forgot to put oil in the mower, or ran over a steel rod, etc. or where the wife said, "No way in hell you're buying that."  He looks on eBay and often finds the part(s) he needs for next to nothing.

• Heart 1

Mick, I could bring him a boatload of equipment that needs work. Mostly just need carbs cleaned and fuel lines replaced. When I cleaned out my father in law’s garage so they could sell the property I inherited a rototiller, walk behind string trimmer, snow blower, and lawn mower. None of them in running condition but looked like brand new. They had been sitting in his heated garage with gas in them for at least ten years.

I got the rototiller and the lawn mower going and use them. I figured I would work on the other stuff eventually but unless I need them I probably never will.

2 hours ago, smudge said:

Ok, we got about 1.5" of snow. I went out and scraped it.

I went out and used my JD for our 1 1/2 inches of wet snow. 

2 hours ago, smudge said:

I figured I'd hate myself if I just left it, and it would end up being a mess.

Every time I just left the snow, because in a few days the temps will be warm, etc...   I get a huge mess... lots of ice... etc... 

Last year we got 2 or 3 snows that were less than 1 inch.   I was tempted to just leave it.  I got our the shovel and cleaned the drive and walk.  No ice the next day.   

• Awesome 1

3 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

I went out and used my JD for our 1 1/2 inches of wet snow. 

Every time I just left the snow, because in a few days the temps will be warm, etc...   I get a huge mess... lots of ice... etc... 

Last year we got 2 or 3 snows that were less than 1 inch.   I was tempted to just leave it.  I got our the shovel and cleaned the drive and walk.  No ice the next day.   

You get it. 👍

• Heart 1

23 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I was lied to about all the nice weather I was going to have in Texas. Judie told me to be sure and pack shorts and a swimsuit. Thanks to the ten day forecast I packed hoodie sweatshirts and a jacket instead. The weather all week was just as cold as up home. :angry:
IMG_5513.png.65b5ba2f38efcccac52e61c66cdb3d24.pngIMG_5511.jpeg.feac057dcc6ef2bcb7d703cdbc737eec.jpeg

Texas is just like PA, except the LIES are much bigger.  

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1