How long your jeans last & style

shootingstar
Go to solution Solved by Tizeye,

Some of my jeans have a touch of spandex.  Even though I've washed by hand, they still lose abit of spandex wrap around bum.  But that's ok, I can still wear things looser. Oh well. :mellow: If I'm careful, jeans should last me total 8-10 yrs. 

I have 3 prs. for past 6 yrs., which I absent-mindedly rotate for wearing.  2 prs. are straight/boot cut and mid-rise waist. EAch slightly different shade of blue.  3rd pr. is light flare but tight above and low-rise.  I've gotten to a point that GAP fills my needs. I don't pay attention whether or not it's Levis / Wrangler, etc.  I don't worry about "brand" and haven't for past 30 yrs.  

I don't spend time scouring other stores anymore. Fit at waist/all-over, colour/shade and durability, trump all for me.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

I have 3 pairs. I have a pair of Lees that are still dark blue. And two older ones. They probably last 5-7 years.

I haven't seen Lees brand in years.  But then I don't walk into Jeans' stores/sections that often.

1 hour ago, Further said:

I have no style and very low class.

I only buy jeans on sale..so far 30-40% discount.  I have never bought jeans off the rack price.  Not all stores have enough choice of styles in my size. So GAP so far makes it easy for me, since they predominantly sell jeans of so many different styles and sizes.

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

Wal-Mart baby!

Wal-Mart is way out in the 'burbs which the location would require a twisty bike route on both parks pathways and busy roads.  I actually don't know where, without looking it up, where the closest Walmart for me would be. I did go with a friend when she needed to drop by it in a car.   There is no Wal-mart downtown and probably never will be unless a large store vacates, etc.  It's not a loss to me, since other different stores fill my needs.

I'm rarely caught up with current trends but have a couple in classic straight leg, small flare, cargo  etc.  Up to now I've rarely thrown things out until they don't fit me or I definitely won't wear them for some reason, but pants are on my "to do" declutter list.

• Heart 2

38 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I have a pair of Canali and a pair of Jacob Cohen.   Both worn for meetings with a suit jacket. 

Clearly brands not familiar to me and that I was with a boring man for a long time, 'cause dearie wore and replace the same:  black Levi jeans.  He actually looked good in them.  He wore them out every 2-3 years, and for whatever reason worn out to holes, on the inseams.

• Heart 1

42 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I'm rarely caught up with current trends but have a couple in classic straight leg, small flare, cargo  etc.  Up to now I've rarely thrown things out until they don't fit me or I definitely won't wear them for some reason, but pants are on my "to do" declutter list.

Well, not wearing them maybe because they don't feel comfy or B)....still gotta get into the retirement mode. :flirtyeyess: I wear jeans in winter and when I don't wear walking shorts or skort. 

I wear long tights when I bike and it's cold.  I almost never wear tights when I go to a restaurant with friend(s) and am not biking there.  It makes no sense to me.  I know many women do now wear black / dark leggings and wear a nice top.  But for me:  I spent money on jeans, so I wear them. It's a habit thing for me.

That said, I also wore jeans when post-covid, casual biz wear allowed us to do this...not just on Fridays.  For sure, office wear for my employer, became even more biz casual friendly.

20 minutes ago, groupw said:

I found Target’s Goodfellas stretch jeans for men. They’re very comfortable, but sizing is very inconsistent. 
I like Duluth Trading Ballroom jeans, too. 

Very inconsistent but they do wear nicely.  About the only time I wear jeans is fall yard work or automotive and I like the Costco $19 jeans for that.  

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Kirby said:

I don't think I've ever had true cargo long pants. (Just cargo walking shorts.)  Just wind pants with concealed leg pocket for walking around on vacation somewhere. I wore them in Europe in early Oct. when weather temp. suddenly dropped. I would have to wear pant ankle clips (or elastics) if I wanted to bike in them.

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I have a pair of Canali and a pair of Jacob Cohen.   Both worn for meetings with a suit jacket. 

I once met the head of Lotus Motorcars of America in womaxx's bank.  He also wore jeans and a sport coat.  Very fashionable.

• Heart 2

My jeans last many years. I had some new jeans size 34 waist. When I started working at the forge I moved up to 36. When I retired I went back to 34s. I found a box with those 34s when I was getting rid of stuff after Esther passed. Tried them on and they fit perfectly. I’m glad I saved the 34s. Now I’m married to Judie I may have to go back to the 36s pretty soon. I have mostly Levis straight leg.

• Heart 2

Lee, the brand that fits!  They last forever and are usually taken oot by the phone wearing a hole in them. Also Rural King are cheap but not as durable. I might have to try the Target ones. I think I do have one pair of wrangler and maybe one of some off brand from BJs. 

• Heart 1

• Solution

For years it was the cheap Wranglers, then Costco Kirkland. Usually have two I rotate, and the third “workout” for yard work and other dirty jobs. Another is dedicated to painting for obvious reasons. Before rotating, the primary jeans typically last 3 seasons with little wear during summer. Hardest part is buying - absolutely no stretch fabric, traditional denim only. Last pair I purchased, I splurged with Levi’s for first time in decades. Decent fit but worst pair ever. After two washings, wife thought I snagged a gash in rear. As I looked at it, weak fabric near rear pocket shredding. Ironed a patch inside, yet despite the reinforcement, continued pulling apart after next walk. Added liquid “fabric seam” glue to the reamaing threads above the patch to secure the hole/tear, and inside the edges of the patch that was beginning to roll away. After another wash and remains repaired. So much for premium wear…back to cheap.

• Heart 2

Levi's relaxed fit, as I have big thighs and regular size are too tight on the legs.  

I always have two pair.  The newer pair I only wear occasionally and the older are for yard work.  When the yard work ones wear out, the others rotate down and I get myself a new pair.  To be honest, I don't wear them them that often, as my Eddie Bauer Ascents are much more comfortable

• Heart 1

16 hours ago, shootingstar said:

If I'm careful, jeans should last me total 8-10 yrs. 

I used to get about the same, but this has changed as I have gotten fatter and put more stress on the fabric surrounding the seems.  I do like the stretchy jeans now, though, so much more comfortable!

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

It is the uniform of the business side of aviation.  

And IT.

• Heart 2

16 hours ago, shootingstar said:

Some of my jeans have a touch of spandex.  Even though I've washed by hand, they still lose abit of spandex wrap around bum.  But that's ok, I can still wear things looser. Oh well. :mellow: If I'm careful, jeans should last me total 8-10 yrs. 

I have 3 prs. for past 6 yrs., which I absent-mindedly rotate for wearing.  2 prs. are straight/boot cut and mid-rise waist. EAch slightly different shade of blue.  3rd pr. is light flare but tight above and low-rise.  I've gotten to a point that GAP fills my needs. I don't pay attention whether or not it's Levis / Wrangler, etc.  I don't worry about "brand" and haven't for past 30 yrs.  

I don't spend time scouring other stores anymore. Fit at waist/all-over, colour/shade and durability, trump all for me.

I get flexible waist jeans and they normally last several years until I tear a hole in them somewhere.

• Heart 1

29 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I used to get about the same, but this has changed as I have gotten fatter and put more stress on the fabric surrounding the seems.  I do like the stretchy jeans now, though, so much more comfortable!

On the rare occasion, I've biked in jeans to an event and jeans with some spandex allow a nice ride.  Yes, of course, many folks bike in jeans, chinos, etc.    But given the cost of jeans and my need for reliable fit, I just prefer not to wear them out so fast (especially at bum),  especially when  I must bike because of my lifestyle/transportation needs.

I wear jeans to the office 99% of the time.  Wranglers are my go to jeans.  I was a Levi's wearer up until the last 10 years or so.

I wear Wrangler cowboy cut jeans.  I typically buy either 13MWZ or George Strait edition Wranglers. 

• Heart 1

20 hours ago, shootingstar said:

Clearly brands not familiar to me and that I was with a boring man for a long time, 'cause dearie wore and replace the same:  black Levi jeans.  He actually looked good in them.  He wore them out every 2-3 years, and for whatever reason worn out to holes, on the inseams.

When you find a look that works, don't mess with it! ;) 

To give perspective to my style and fashion. 

Was working in down town Pittsburgh, walking over to a Mc Dee's for lunch, a panhandler hit me up.

I pointed out he was dressed better than me and could he spare a dime ? 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hugs 1

6 hours ago, Ralphie said:

I just found oot you can order Lees directly from them online. So I will do that. But super short ones are even low in stock there!  

I have never successfully ordered pants or shorts online and then have them fit me in any little way.  I am mystified how people do it, and I am convinced that people who do just don't care so much how they ultimately fit.  How do you do it?

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I have never successfully ordered pants or shorts online and then have them fit me in any little way.  I am mystified how people do it, and I am convinced that people who do just don't care so much how they ultimately fit.  How do you do it?

I could never order online.  The styles are quite variable.

And then there's the whole waist-bum fit.  Either it's just too tight or a huge a gaping hole at waist, I can't cinch up with belt without crinkle effect .. Right now, this is what has happened with some weight loss. I gave up

3 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Never had much problem, except for the tight legs that will not go over my afos, but style has never been a concern of mine. I married young, and the critters are not impressed one way or the other. My earliest concerns were getting a fit that did not slip down due to my skinny butt, but I knew what brands worked and which ones did not. Never in my life have I ever tried on jeans at a store. Remember in olden times, jeans did not fit properly until washed. You took your chances until you determined the right pair, which were Lees or Wranglers for me. Never was a fan of Levis. Now I prefer Dickies carpenter jeans for work and dress, and do well ordering online, when they are on sale.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, shootingstar said:

And then there's the whole waist-bum fit.  Either it's just too tight or a huge a gaping hole at waist, I can't cinch up with belt without crinkle effect .. Right now, this is what has happened with some weight loss. I gave up

I think it would be pretty safe for a brand where I already have a pair for comparison. 

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, shootingstar said:

I started wearing suspenders at a relative young age. :happyanim:My wife sometimes wants me to wear a belt with the suspenders, but I have refused.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I am with @sheep_herder.  I order direct from Wrangler or Amazon.  I know what brand fits and what size I wear, so I order a new pair as needed.   With shoes, I like to try them on, so I will go to the store for that. 

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I am with @sheep_herder.  I order direct from Wrangler or Amazon.  I know what brand fits and what size I wear, so I order a new pair as needed.   With shoes, I like to try them on, so I will go to the store for that. 

I am very touchy on shews, but I hate shew shopping, so I first ordered slip ons in 9 and they were too tight, so then I overshot and I think I ordered 9.5 or maybe even 10 and now they are Touloose. 

1 minute ago, Ralphie said:

I am very touchy on shews, but I hate shew shopping, so I first ordered slip ons in 9 and they were too tight, so then I overshot and I think I ordered 9.5 or maybe even 10 and now they are Touloose. 

sounds like you need a 9.25

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ralphie said:

Just be thankful you do not have to go custom. Ordering online is not the best route to take.

6 minutes ago, Ralphie said:

Tight legs are why I eschew Levi’s in favour of Lees. And it is not like I have tree trunk legs or anything. Levi’s are just way 2tight for me. 

Levi’s have a crapton of styles. I can’t believe they don’t have a style to fit you. They do have a style that fits my butt. Judie really likes those.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Levi’s have a crapton of styles. I can’t believe they don’t have a style to fit you. They do have a style that fits my butt. Judie really likes those.

I grew up, I think in the 501 days. What the hell, that new wife got you wearing clothes?:whistle:

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 3