Are curves the most appealing shapes?

Wilbur

8 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

Depends, we talking about cars, furniture or wimmin?

I am talking about everything,  A boat under sail, aircraft, buildings, furniture, bicycles, women etc. 

For instance, the L1011 was an infinitely more attractive aircraft than the DC10. Curves. 

8 minutes ago, Tim Burr said:

I always preferred the combination of curves and straight lines as epitomized by the early 30's coach designs.  Here is an excellent example:  the 1931 Duesenberg Model J Murphy Convertible Coupe.

duesenberg-00024-2.jpg

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to tell you that curves are beautiful, by way of the 1935 supercharged straight-eight Auburn Boattail Speedster.

1935Auburn_02_2000.jpg

• Heart 3

1 minute ago, Tim Burr said:

Very beautiful.  I've just always had an affinity for the earlier, slightly more linear designs.

I've seen one here at the Gilmore Car Museum.  If I wanted a classic, it'd be her.

Note: I'm more of a Japanese car guy, which means I'm into beauties like the early 90s turbo-ed A70 Toyota Supra.

1986_Toyota_Supra_%28MA70%29_liftback_%2

Or the 1988 Nissan 300ZX Shiro Special (extremely hard to find)

1988-Nissan-300zx-Turbo-SS.jpg

There's also the (unadorned, un-riced-out) stock 1994 Acura Integra GS-R; this model looks like the one owned by yours truly, though I had the suspension stiffened another 10-15%.

acura-integra-gs-r-coupe-1306380240-1214

13 minutes ago, LoneWolf said:

I'm more of a Japanese car guy, which means I'm into beauties like the early 90s turbo-ed A70 Toyota Supra.

I grew up in the late 50's and 60's.  Car designs were more boxy in those days.  I like stuff like this:  64 Chevy Impala S/S Coupe w/409

96205_Front_3-4_Web.jpg  

• Heart 1

Without having read any of the previous posts, I think it depends on what you need at the time.  There are times when physics dictate hard angles, other times, curves.  Overall, go with what works for the situation.

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, roadfrog said:

Without having read any of the previous posts, I think it depends on what you need at the time.  There are times when physics dictate hard angles, other times, curves.  Overall, go with what works for the situation.

Yay your avatar is back with all the curves I remember.:loveshower:

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Tim Burr said:

I grew up in the late 50's and 60's.  Car designs were more boxy in those days.  I like stuff like this:  64 Chevy Impala S/S Coupe w/409

96205_Front_3-4_Web.jpg  

I had a '64 Impala SS with a 327. I sold it before going into the military in 1972. That car, along with my '62 Studebaker Hawk GT, are the two cars that I wished I'd never sold.

My brother had a 62 Impala with a 409. It took something like 8 or 12 quarts for an oil change.

• Heart 1

Just now, roadfrog said:

So sweet.  SOfa king good, hon. 

Drankin' a smidge too much to elaborate, but...........yeah.  Life is good.

My two double Sailor Jerry and Cokes wore off several hours ago  Then again, there's all of that height to spread them out.

*snuggles against Roadfrog for warmth and good vibes osmosis*

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, roadsue said:

"Elements of art."  

And how many hours of discussion surround the question of whether art imitates life, or life imitates art.  

Indeed. 

But the Fibonacci diagram took me back to Art I.  I've never forgotten those proportions and still draw to them today.