What should I purchase at the store today?

Parr8hed

4 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Beer, ice cream sandwiches, whiskey, bacon, bourbon, mixed nuts, beer,  lotion, vodka, tissue, ginger beer, toilet paper, beer, limes, gin, thank you notes and beer.

In my world, toilet paper = tissue. 

But, we can agree on the beer.

Tom

I can't imagine being stuck in the house due to weather... I'd probably suggest Xanax or sleeping pills... or a lot of booze.

Oh hey P8 I was taking a pee break at a local sports complex on my ride last Sunday and a local fast pitch team was having a skills day for ages 8 to 18.  

Can you imagine playing softball out doors right now?!?!?

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

I can't imagine being stuck in the house due to weather... I'd probably suggest Xanax or sleeping pills... or a lot of booze.

Oh hey P8 I was taking a pee break at a local sports complex on my ride last Sunday and a local fast pitch team was having a skills day for ages 8 to 18.  

Sure, wild fires aren't technically "weather", but I bet plenty of Californians were told to stay inside! Or maybe flee???

Tom

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Sure, wild fires aren't technically "weather", but I bet plenty of Californians were told to stay inside! Or maybe flee???

Tom

Have you heard some of the interviews?  Really sad as a lot of people just said, F' it I ain't leaving again and paid the price.  That area in Mendicito was hit hard by the fires and really only returned a few weeks ago.

Like I said earlier, mother nature was a cruel bitch in that area just burned and then weeks later gets nailed by a big storm.  Worst possible scenario.

13 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

You got your own set of challenges, and I prefer ours to yours (people).  No one is ever stuck in their house, unless there are snow drifts in front of all the doors and windows, and that can happen in some areas.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Have you heard some of the interviews?  Really sad as a lot of people just said, F' it I ain't leaving again and paid the price.  That area in Mendicito was hit hard by the fires and really only returned a few weeks ago.

Like I said earlier, mother nature was a cruel bitch in that area just burned and then weeks later gets nailed by a big storm.  Worst possible scenario.

It has happened before, and it will happen again.

1 minute ago, sheep_herder said:

You got your own set of challenges, and I prefer ours to yours (people).  No one is ever stuck in their house, unless there are snow drifts in front of all the doors and windows, and that can happen in some areas.

I guess the difference is the fires affect pockets, not wide scale areas. Earthquakes kinda do the same in that the devastation is generally in certain areas near the epicenter.  Yeah it could hit anywhere but the odds are better and it's likely to be a once in a lifetime event to suffer catastrophic damage in a quake.

I guess I'd rather have that than have to deal with snow EVERY winter. But that's just my take, I can see your POV too.

10 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

It has happened before, and it will happen again.

Yeah it's a constant cycle of life here.  But to my earlier point it's not wide scale.  We have miles and miles of foothills out here and they don't all burn/have mud slides. SoCal is a big place and this issue was many miles from the last burn/slide area. 

Not minimizing the issue, just that only a few thousand were affected rather than millions if a huge snow storm blankets a wide area.

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

Yeah it's a constant cycle of life here.  But to my earlier point it's not wide scale.  We have miles and miles of foothills out here and they don't all burn/have mud slides. SoCal is a big place and this issue was many miles from the last burn/slide area. 

Not minimizing the issue, just that only a few thousand were affected rather than millions if a huge snow storm blankets a wide area.

I know, remember I fought wild fires in California during the '60s. What you missed was I indicated your big problem was (people) or much higher population that I want to deal with on a daily basis.  Yes, I have experienced this on a daily basis, several different times in my life.

9 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

I know, remember I fought wild fires in California during the '60s. What you missed was I indicated your big problem was (people) or much higher population that I want to deal with on a daily basis.  Yes, I have experienced this on a daily basis, several different times in my life.

Gotcha, yeah that is probably our biggest problem... Population density...  I guess I'd still prefer it over snow ..

5 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Stuff to top homemade pizza..the ingredients to make either chili or beef stew..with cornbread or biscuits..or a large pot of sketti.  Eggs and bacon..beverages of choice (wine for me) and maybe some ice cream...if it is more than 2 days...double that

You, my dear, are a hoot!

A girl after my own heart.  :D 

I was proud of @jsharr for being the first to suggest bourbon but disappointed at the same time because he only mentioned it once. Y'all suck for ideas when bourbon is only one out of one hundred suggestions. The brother lives within 50 miles of Bourbonville KY, a historical landmark if there ever was one.

• Heart 2

9 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

I was proud of @jsharr for being the first to suggest bourbon but disappointed at the same time because he only mentioned it once. Y'all suck for ideas when bourbon is only one out of one hundred suggestions. The brother lives within 50 miles of Bourbonville KY, a historical landmark if there ever was one.

I knew you already had a fair supply of bourbon on hand

If there's something you eat a lot of, stock up.  When we're expecting a foot or more I hoard a lot of food.

Bread and wax cartons of milk or half-and-half: they'll last a month unopened if refrigerated.

Plenty of coffee, tea, and Swiss Miss.

I LOVE Breakfast Bowls, 7 oz frozen scrambled eggs, potatos, cheese and sausage or ham or bacon or a combination.

If were getting a bad storm I get at least 5 days worth and make sure I also have a dozen eggs and a couple packs of brown and serve sausage.

Cans of soup.  Meat and Potatoes and canned or frozen veggies.  Lots of beverages.  Frozen dinners from Marie Callender, Stouffer's, etc.

Chips, Little Debbie Brownies, some other sweets.

20 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Ha!  No.  We have an indoor tourney coming up in a few weeks.  

• Heart 1

13 hours ago, Old#7 said:

It would be a pretty rare occurrence for this house to run out of bourbon.

• Heart 1