Life is tenuous.

Zealot

14 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Are you okay now??? That is super scary!  How about treatment for it?  It is always a good idea to hug the wife, because life is truly tenuous (and unpredictable).  Never give up a chance to let folks know you love them.

The PVCs are having a field day this morning. 

Trearment? Consists of determine what’s causing them, which means a battery of tests. After a trip to the ER a while back, wearing a monitor for a month and a follow up with a cardiologist, was dx’d with PVCs, Aortic aneurism and intense bradycardia. He set me up for additional appts. I canceled them. Wasn’t going to risk being put in a hospital and dying alone because of Covid restrictions. 

7 minutes ago, Zealot said:

The PVCs are having a field day this morning. 

Trearment? Consists of determine what’s causing them, which means a battery of tests. After a trip to the ER a while back, wearing a monitor for a month and a follow up with a cardiologist, was dx’d with PVCs, Aortic aneurism and intense bradycardia. He set me up for additional appts. I canceled them. Wasn’t going to risk being put in a hospital and dying alone because of Covid restrictions. 

Can you now pick those appointments back up and get healed up ASAP?  My father passed from heart issues that he let go while dealing with other more "important" or pressing things.  He might have had a real chance if he had tackled it sooner rather than later.  

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

Dude that sucks.. I throw pvc’s randomly and also have erratic sleep apnea. 

knowing what it’s like to have the heart restart, and also not breathing… I would rather go a different way. 

21 minutes ago, Zealot said:

Trearment? Consists of determine what’s causing them, which means a battery of tests. After a trip to the ER a while back, wearing a monitor for a month and a follow up with a cardiologist, was dx’d with PVCs, Aortic aneurism and intense bradycardia. He set me up for additional appts.

Hmmm... after all of that (if you don't cancel)  have they mentioned a pace maker for your heart as one possible solution?    

I'd get the tests...   Why take the chance of your heart not restarting?

51 minutes ago, Zealot said:

was dx’d with PVCs, Aortic aneurism and intense bradycardia.

HUH, you reading my medical chart?? I guess mine are actually PACs (aortic) and they have weirdly gone away on their own. I could only feel them when I took my pulse, no other symptoms.

Between the above , the murmurs, and a partial left bundle blockage, there's quite a bit going on.

Keep on keepin' on, Z.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, 2Far said:

HUH, you reading my medical chart?? I guess mine are actually PACs (aortic) and they have weirdly gone away on their own. I could only feel them when I took my pulse, no other symptoms.

Between the above , the murmurs, and a partial left bundle blockage, there's quite a bit going on.

Keep on keepin' on, Z.

Atrial.... 😉 

You as well, 2Far! 

• Heart 1

Just now, Parr8hed said:

Hell, I could probably do it myself for you.  I have seen a lot of youtubes!

I'll assist. I held the suction tube chair side for my FiL the dentist 27 years ago while in between teaching jobs.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Meh, no big deal.  Throw a pacemaker/debif  in there and you're good to go.  To many PVC's lumped together give you V tach, and you really  don't want that.  Not enough heart beats and....   Well you know what you get.  Pretty easily sorted out with a pacer.  Hell, I could probably do it myself for you.  I have seen a lot of youtubes!

Thanks. That's what I was going to say.

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Zealot said:

So my wife and I took a late nap yesterday afternoon. Got up around 7:00 pm, which of course meant I would be up pretty late. I think I actually got to sleep around 3:00 am. 

But anyway, when I did go back to bed, my PVCs (heart issue) were acting up pretty strongly. It’ll stop every 6 to 8 beats and then start back up with a powerful contraction. It’s uncomfortable, but it is what it is. 

However, after lying there feeling it for about 20 minutes, my heart stopped. Literally.  My hands and feet began going numb. My vision/awareness began tunneling. I reached up to my throat to feel my carotid. Nothing. 45 seconds to a minute, maybe. Then it started beating faintly and rapidly.

I lay there thinking, “so this it what it feels like?”

I rolled over, hugged my wife tightly and thought about a lot of things. 

Scary. I have PVCs but not that extreme. Take care.

2 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

Meh, no big deal.  Throw a pacemaker/debif  in there and you're good to go.  To many PVC's lumped together give you V tach, and you really  don't want that.  Not enough heart beats and....   Well you know what you get.  Pretty easily sorted out with a pacer.  Hell, I could probably do it myself for you.  I have seen a lot of youtubes!

I’ll just keep a 9 volt battery in my pocket.  When I feel weird I’ll lick it... 😉 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, roadsue said:

At the risk of making this a philosophical question...

This is not a philosophical question.  What would convince you to reschedule the appointments and testing?

At the risk of answering stoically,  nothing at this moment. 

20 minutes ago, Zealot said:

Both the ER doc and ER nurse have PVCs and told me they were quite common and that most people just live with them. So, I haven’t worried about it. 

I have long periods between outbreaks.  but when they come it's like my heart rate does a drastic uptake on the bell curve.  And then it corrects itself with a couple of slow, delayed heartbeats and things return to normal.  This pattern may repeat N times before it eventually goes away for awhile.

8 minutes ago, Dottles said:

I have long periods between outbreaks.  but when they come it's like my heart rate does a drastic uptake on the bell curve.  And then it corrects itself with a couple of slow, delayed heartbeats and things return to normal.  This pattern may repeat N times before it eventually goes away for awhile.

Interesting.  Similarly, mine seem to have periods of increased activity. 

So mine do any where from 6 to 20 (I’ve spent a good deal of time counting this. Plus it’s on the read outs) of normal to high beats then it will stop. Doc says its because the left ventricle then attempts to beat out of sequence so the nerves say “whoa Nellie!!” To keep the heart from exploding and shut the beat down. Then they restart, but all the chambers are full of blood which is why the restart beat it powerful. You can watch my chest jump.  My wife was shocked.  

It seems to be stress related.  When I was laid off from my last job, the period between, I didn’t have any flares.  

1 hour ago, Zealot said:

So mine do any where from 6 to 20 (I’ve spent a good deal of time counting this. Plus it’s on the read outs) of normal to high beats then it will stop. Doc says its because the left ventricle then attempts to beat out of sequence so the nerves say “whoa Nellie!!” To keep the heart from exploding and shut the beat down. Then they restart, but all the chambers are full of blood which is why the restart beat it powerful. You can watch my chest jump.  My wife was shocked.  

It seems to be stress related.  When I was laid off from my last job, the period between, I didn’t have any flares.  

It was theorized that caffiene may be a catalyst but honestly, the amount I consume doesn't seem to have any bearing -- though when it flares up -- I try to stay off it.  Enough other things going on that it doesn't need to be working harder or irregularly do to artificial chemistry.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Zealot said:

Z, as someone who just lost dearie a few wks. ago I don't have alot to say. Clearly you are trying to pay attention to self.

He had a heart stent just a yr. ago, he's been on blood thinner since then.  He also was wearing a mask to help breath better due to sleep apnea.  I was told he died in his sleep and I didn't press to investigate further because in the end, he did die peacefully and digging for exact medical cause, would not have revived dearie who was not alive for 20 hrs. because he died alone without anyone knowing/aware until I clued in many hrs. later since I work in another province.... long story.  I'm actually weary of dealing with it all

Do what you can to have appoint. for that prolonged heart stop....does your health care coverage limit you?  I'm asking since I don't know what barriers exist that some people have in the U.S. from seeking further medical attention on what else can be done to prevent another episode.

• Hugs 2

11 hours ago, shootingstar said:

I'm actually weary of dealing with it all

I know, SS. And I truly am sorry for your loss. 😞 And I do pray the days grow a little easier as time passes and the good memories bring you comfort.

• Heart 1