I am back. What a trip.

Parr8hed

20 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Glad you got your azz back in that raft.

Sounds like a good time except for you shitting your pants and the gas mix up...

I didn't back in the raft.  It was on the other side of the creek.  I had done about half of the trip.  It was 58 degrees and raining.  I was soaked and freezing and could barely grip my hands they were so cold.  She asked if I wanted to try to get back in the raft and I looked at her and said a few words that I probably would not repeat in polite company.  She laughed and put me in the chase van.  

• Heart 1

Also we ate at the Blue Moon Brewery and caught a Colorado Rockies game.  The church that we stayed in was amazing.  Coors brewing was closed to visitors but that didn't stop me from drinking a ton of them.  A few parents dabbled in the legal recreational pharmaceuticals.  I thought about it but didn't.  

• Heart 2

3 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

I didn't back in the raft.  It was on the other side of the creek.  I had done about half of the trip.  It was 58 degrees and raining.  I was soaked and freezing and could barely grip my hands they were so cold.  She asked if I wanted to try to get back in the raft and I looked at her and said a few words that I probably would not repeat in polite company.  She laughed and put me in the chase van.  

Many don’t realize the power of moving water.  I have seen people in calf deep water get sucked into the surf. I have fly fished in rivers and knee deep water is freaking hard to walk in. I can’t imagine rapids.  

Glad you made it out OK. 

• Heart 3

Yay!

Colorado bucket list trip? Check! 

I hear you about facing a tough team knowing there is a division better suited to their skill level (and ages?). I wonder if any of the teams the girls 10-runned said the same about them. #2 son’s Special Olympic softball team is lowest division, but they win a lot because there are 18 players against much smaller teams. Nobody ever gets tired out. 

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

Y'know, you and your family are so inspiring.  The love and happiness in those pics just makes me smile.  Your family is living their best life.  We love it.

That may be one of the best compliments that anyone has ever paid me.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, MoseySusan said:

Yay!

Colorado bucket list trip? Check! 

I hear you about facing a tough team knowing there is a division better suited to their skill level (and ages?). I wonder if any of the teams the girls 10-runned said the same about them. #2 son’s Special Olympic softball team is lowest division, but they win a lot because there are 18 players against much smaller teams. Nobody ever gets tired out. 

Very well could have.  But we were a small first year team out of Ky.  Nobody was looking at us.  Her team had never traveled out there.  There were some jokes when we first got there about "Smash House"?  WTF is that?  And what's with your accents?    But they learned real quick.  

A parent was walking by and one of our girls was sitting on a 3-1 count.  She absolutely crushed a double out to left center on what would have been ball 4.  The parent said "Well I guess they don't call you guys the 'Walk House'"

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Very well could have.  But we were a small first year team out of Ky.  Nobody was looking at us.  Her team had never traveled out there.  There were some jokes when we first got there about "Smash House"?  WTF is that?  And what's with your accents?    But they learned real quick.  

A parent was walking by and one of our girls was sitting on a 3-1 count.  She absolutely crushed a double out to left center on what would have been ball 4.  The parent said "Well I guess they don't call you guys the 'Walk House'"

My son played on a couple of travel teams but the one I liked the best had a development first mentality, not win first.  Coach would let kids swing away or let a pitcher work out of jams instead of giving him the hook because he walked the tying run or such.  

I’m not sure about softball but I’m sure it’s similar, they will have opportunities to showcase as a 16/17 U but as a 13/14 YO just develop your skills.

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, Scrapr said:

Glad you survived to tell

*1 dad a year is snot a good safety record. 

I question this number.  I feel like it is more of a wive's tale or something.  I know that dads/coaches have died but I am not sure about the one a year.  This is just from talking to people.  It is not a real news headline like CNN or something reliable like that!

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Airehead said:

What did Emmy say when you all were reunited?

And

How did it feel to ride in the SAG van?

She cried. Like ugly cried and said “I thought we lost you”. 

it felt warm. But I was worried about her. Every time we got to a place where they could see us I made sure to get out and let her see I was ok. 

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, Parr8hed said:

This is a bump for @Randomguy because I don't know if he read about my adventures in the Mile HIgh city.

I did now!  Lots left still for you to explore there, hard to take everything the state has in that quickly.  I do miss being out there.  Please tell me of the exotic beers you had while out there....

The UT trip sounds good, but I would do it in the warmth rather than winter.

• Heart 3

14 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I did now!  Lots left still for you to explore there, hard to take everything the state has in that quickly.  I do miss being out there.  Please tell me of the exotic beers you had while out there....

The UT trip sounds good, but I would do it in the warmth rather than winter.

I had a Coors Light at Coors field!

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

Holy shit, dude.  My adventures are pretty tame compared to that. Glad you lived to tell the tale. 

That was my nice reply. Here's my real reply...

Fuckin' eh, man. You know how to have a good time! If I hung with you on a regular basis, I wouldn't let you forget the fuel mix-up for a long time. 😆

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Airehead said:

Did the altitude get to any one?

No.  Not really anyone.

1 hour ago, smudge said:

Holy shit, dude.  My adventures are pretty tame compared to that. Glad you lived to tell the tale. 

That was my nice reply. Here's my real reply...

Fuckin' eh, man. You know how to have a good time! If I hung with you on a regular basis, I wouldn't let you forget the fuel mix-up for a long time. 😆

I am sure!  i fully expect that this crew will not let me live it down, especially now that there wasn't any damage done and everyone made it home oK.  

• Heart 1