What are you paying for gasoline?

MickinMD

There's an article on Yahoo Finance saying U.S. gasoline prices fall to pre-Ukraine invasion levels

On 8/19 I paid $3.859 and yesterday, 8/31, $3.599.

I didn't fill up at Costco - the extra driving would defeat the savings for my 7 gallon fill-ups unless I'm shopping there.

On 8/10 I did fill up at Costco, $3.699 and gasbuddy.com says its $3.459 now at that Costco.

Paid $3.30 yesterday because I needed to get to the office  and did not take time to shop around.

Range right now on my GasBuddy app for my current location is $3.14 to $3.69 for regular, cash or credit.

Cheapest gas in the area, Anna, Texas has gas for $3.05, but that is 27 miles from home, so it would cost me at least $5.00 in gas to save .09 per gallon for 18 gallons.  Math does not work.  If I was heading to Camp James Ray, I might stop.  

40 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Yeah - I don't buy gas often enough to know where it is today.   

Me three.  I fill up maybe once a month at most.  I usually drive so little that gas prices aren't that big a deal to me.  Actually, I am more affected by the increased prices of goods as a result of increased gas prices.   

Not quite there yet, but very close according to this data.  02/07/22 $3.09, 02/28/22 $3.28, four days after 2022 invasion of ukraine began.

I just paid $3.30 and gas can be found for $3.14, so very close to pre invasion price of $3.09 on 02/07/2022, prior to the invasion.  02/14/22 was $3.16, so it has returned to where prices began to ramp up as the invasion became imminent.

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=EMM_EPMRU_PTE_STX_DPG&f=W

5 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Me three.  I fill up maybe once a month at most.  I usually drive so little that gas prices aren't that big a deal to me.  Actually, I am more affected by the increased prices of goods as a result of increased gas prices.   

Once a month except where I make a road trip.  Even once we're back in an office, I'll be in that camp.  Same with my wife.  Sure, we have relatively fuel efficient cars (two Hondas w/ 4cylinders) but we also live in a walkable and cycling friendly area dense with options to NOT get in a car.  

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

That's like 50,000 miles a year!!!!!!

Well, b/c I'm old, I try to stop every coupla hours & walk around and probably pee. Sometimes at a rest area, sometimes at a gas station. I'll put 3/8 - 1/2 tank in to top it up.

FWIW, I'll turn over 190k in a coupla weeks, I've had it ~6.5 years. Prolly won't hit the 200k mark this year, but certainly by it's 7th anniversary.

• Heart 1