Will I die in a tornado tonight?

Square Wheels

Will I die in a tornado tonight?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Will I perish in a tornado never to be seen again?

• Yes
    • No
    • We ain't in Kansas no more
    • You act as if we care

3 minutes ago, Kirby said:

No.  But do pay attention to reports if there are reports of activity in the area and follow standard safety procedures even if you feel silly.

This...

Have a bug out bag ready.   You may need to live with the stuff you pack for a while. 

Several years ago a tornado hit a town SW of our home real BAD... it skipped over us.   Literally over us.   

The tornado sirens went off.  We got some stuff ready in the room we would hide during the tornado. 

It got dark and a funky green color.  WoBG and I went out on our front porch.  We heard the infamous ROAR of the tornado.  You will NEVER forget that sound if you hear it. Then we looked at each other WTF... we ran for the room and got the dogs.  I also grabbed my winter coat on the way.   WoBG... "Why did you bring your coat?   I told her ''It's November and it's cold outside.  If we get hit... you may never find your coat.'

About 15 minutes later the wind died down, and we went outside.  There was debris ALL over the place.  :frantics:  I took a quick trip around the house.  The house was fine.   I filled several garbage bags with roofing, plywood, insulation, lots of stuff.   We found out this all came from the town 40 miles SW of our home.  A neighbor found a purse with the ID etc.. of the person form the town.   We found pictures.   About 2 weeks later there was an address we could mail the stuff back to the town so the people could possibly get their stuff back.  :(

• Hugs 1

We've had tornadoes in the 2000's in Maryland, though relatively minor ones.  Of course tornadoes, hurricanes, the Russian Invasion of Ukraine, Inflation, the National Debt, COVID, tooth decay, and road potholes are _______________________________ (fill-in-the-blank with your well-thought-out politician's name).

• Whatever 1

13 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Are you still here?

"Well, only got an hour of daylight left. Better get started"
"Isn't it unsafe to travel at night?"
"It'll be a lot less safe to stay here, your father's gunna pick up our trail before long"
"Can Loca ride?"
"Yeah, I can ride, Margaret, time to go! Maigret, thank you for everything"
"Goodbye Chenga"
"Goodbye miss"
"I'll be back"

Is there anybody out there?

12 hours ago, Kzoo said:

Apparently not

Maybe not

12 hours ago, Tizeye said:

I would reply but it is immaterial. Sorry you are not reading this this morning. We miss you.

now I guess we have to add you to the “In Memory of” line on the forum.

That was sweet of you.

10 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Are you dead, SW?

Can anyone prove they exist?

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Hugs 1

3 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

"Well, only got an hour of daylight left. Better get started"
"Isn't it unsafe to travel at night?"
"It'll be a lot less safe to stay here, your father's gunna pick up our trail before long"
"Can Loca ride?"
"Yeah, I can ride, Margaret, time to go! Maigret, thank you for everything"
"Goodbye Chenga"
"Goodbye miss"
"I'll be back"

Is there anybody out there?

Yeah a Pink Floyd fan...   :party:

• Heart 1