So what percentage of all the Simpsons shows would you guesstimate you have seen?

Ralphie
Go to solution Solved by ChrisL,

My old college and post college room mate Matt loved the Simpsons, but I did not.  I would be in that less than 5% camp.  Sure I have seen bits and pieces of a few episodes, but I have not watched very many from soup to nuts. 

For the first 15 or so seasons, 100% or damn close.  Since then - only a tiny fraction.

I think the golden era of the show was seasons 3-8, with 4 and 5 more or less tied for the best.

Strange to think I was still playing JV basketball when I first saw the Simpsons - as a cartoon short in Tracey Ullman Show breaks.

oh, I've also seen the movie several times.

Reviewing this thread, I guess I will stop posting Simpsons gifs. 

(no, that probably won't happen.  The show's been around so long I can come up with a Simpsons reference for most anything)

less than 5%.  I don't really go out of my way to watch, but they typically make me laugh when I see one.  And there are a few quotes that my family uses.

• Solution

My son went through a Simpsons phase as a kid so I have seen a fair number of them but as the show has been on for so long I’m guessing it’s still less than 10%.  

Back when I was at Sony Pictures Gracie Films was literally outside our office and I spoke to Matt Groening many times.  Nice guy.  They had a party in their office once and I offered to staff it and he declined.  I then said, best to secure your Emmy’s that were in the open in the lobby.  He declined.  Aaaand the Emmy’s walked away…. 

• Sad 1
  • Like 1

I did a quick search and The Simpsons has been on for 35 seasons, first airing in 1989 and there are 762 episodes.  Its current contract is through the 2025 season & will push it over 800 episodes!

It’s the longest running American animated & American sitcom.  

• Thank You 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I did a quick search and The Simpsons has been on for 35 seasons, first airing in 1989 and there are 762 episodes.  Its current contract is through the 2025 season & will push it over 800 episodes!

It’s the longest running American animated & American sitcom.  

I had no idea.

I admit what I've seen ie...um for 15 min. each time or less.

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

I think it went way downhill when Conan O'Brien exited.

per the Simpsons Wiki, his episode writing credits include the following, a few of which are arguably among the best ever - especially "Marge vs the Monorail" and "Cape Feare".  "Krusty Gets Kancelled" and "Homer The Heretic" are also personal favorites.