Weekend plans as we close out the TDF...and July.

petitepedal

Going w/ BCC & another couple to some super delux-o beer fest tonight w/ 1000 available beers from over 150 Michigan breweries :blink:I was hoping to ride tomorrow morning but we'll see. Plus it'll be nice to hang out w/ her, heck we did dinner twice last weekend :D but I digress. I plan on riding some Sunday also. Oh, and watch the tour day france :popcorn:

• Heart 1

26 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Switzerland?

Yes.

Trying a new airline, Eidelweiss (owned by Lufthansa and Swiss Air), this time. Distracted by direct Orlando to Zurich, but after purchasing the ticket realized their Friday only flights gypped  me out of a weekend and protruded on the initial weekend with Saturday arrival. So the quest goes on. United has the best itinerary, but wife won't fly them again after a combination of the flight (forgot to pack the meals, and free voucher they gave for future flight was a flight from hell to...and that is before we talk about Newark departure. Loved Virgin Atlantic, but hated Gatwick and their passenger management. This year almost flew Lufthansa (Orlando to Frankfurt)  before they replaced their 747's but upgrade economy seating was 3 across (unlike Virgin's 747 two across plus the upper deck 2 + 2 seating) along the windows so aborted the ticket purchase. Eidelweiss Wide body Airbus upgrade seating rows  at 2+5+2 where Lufthansa was 3+?+3.

• Heart 3

Driving out to Athens, Texas to visit mom and dad and try to sort out their computer and internet issues.   They got hit by lightning and fried a modem and she said her computer was acting up so she bought a new one but cannot seem to get it to work right.

I recently took her laptop and installed a SSD and maxed out the RAM so she does have a computer that works, just not a desktop one.    

• Heart 1

Shoot, I just remembered I was supposed to plant cukes and peas this week!  I guess that's tonight.  And a hard prune on the tomatoes, pick everything I can.  Then finish packing the truck.  Tomorrow morning, hitch up the boat, load the wife, nieces and dog in the truck and hope there's not a ton of traffic on the NY Thruway.  If we get there in time we'll meet Mom and bro at Rosie's for dinner.  Then weekend - what weekend - 2 weeks of not counting what day it is!

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

44 mile bike ride tomorrow, if I can make it that far.  It not, the wife will scoop me up.

Hopefully tonight I'll me @Zackny and his misses.  That will be cool.

Off until Tuesday, heading up soon.

Maybe Zack can fill you in on the day's race results.

• Heart 1

8 hours ago, Airehead said:

Today. Hanging out on the Chesapeake Bay. Then dinner with family and a bunch of treasured friends. Tonight John Gorka concert at a really tiny place with my daughter who sang with him when she was five. She saw her dad on stage and joined them despite my efforts to prevent it.   Also about ten other people that I know I know are going. 

Tomorrow a variety— trap shooting with my dad and two family squads. We all know I won’t win.   Then crabbing and hopefully a nap on the sleeping porch followed by a crab feast. 

Sunday, church followed by brunch. Hopefully more time on the bay and a nap on the boat. 

I have been looking forward to this forever. I cannot wait to see John and relax and count my blessings. 

Where on the Bay are you?

Sounds sublime, @Airehead!  Enjoy!

Peace

• Heart 1

We’re in New Hampshire to do the mt Washington century. Should be meeting SW in a few minutes at registration. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

13 hours ago, Airehead said:

Tonight John Gorka concert at a really tiny place with my daughter who sang with him when she was five. She saw her dad on stage and joined them despite my efforts to prevent it.   Also about ten other people that I know I know are going. 

I hope he sings "I'm From New Jersey"!

13 hours ago, Tizeye said:

Plane arrived on time, waiting to board. Unfortunately can’t get angled shot as  gate is last one at the end so straight in with no side view. But at least here and board in 10 minutes.

ADCA948E-5E34-4FAF-BD79-AA9A72E6F74E.jpeg

Your plane seems to be smiling. I like a happy plane.