Do you drink soda / pop?

Square Wheels

I seldom drink soda.  I try to drink iced tea or water, and will sometimes have an Arnold Palmer.   We do not keep soda in our house.  We do not buy soda for Scouting campouts, etc.

Used to guzzle the stuff though.  I found that aspartame is a trigger for my gout, so I avoid all diet sodas, etc.

Also, if we are talking regional names for sugary carbonated beverages, in Texas, they are all "coke".  You ask someone if they want "a coke" and if they reply yes, then you ask "what kind?" or you list off what you have, like Sprite, Dr. Pepper, Root Beer, etc.

The more I think about it, the more I realize what strange ass people us Texans really are.

• Heart 4

Also, if we are talking regional names for sugary carbonated beverages, in Texas, they are all "coke".  You ask someone if they want "a coke" and if they reply yes, then you ask "what kind?" or you list off what you have, like Sprite, Dr. Pepper, Root Beer, etc.

The more I think about it, the more I realize what strange ass people us Texans really are.

I've heard that in MS, AL & GA too.

Coke is a brand.  Normal people call it soda.   ;)

Not like I used to ... I haven't had an actual coke  ( I don't remember what kind it was jsharr, possibly Coke) since Thanksgiving, and couldn't tell you when the time before that was.

I do drink these though

safeway-refreshe-sparkling-water-174761.

We also have a Sodastream, but I drink the Country Time Half Tea/Lemonade 

I like the bubbles

I stopped drinking it when I was about 19. 

Now I only drink it certain circumstances. I'll use it as a mixer for whiskey sometimes (usually 7-up or similar) or if I go to a place that has fountain drinks only and I'm not in the mood for water (usually I'll get a root beer). On average, based on the above, I probably drink about a 2-liter or two per year.

I quit with the soft drinks (I'm from Georgia and that's correct) :P with caffeine in 1999.  Once in a great while, maybe once a month, I'll have a Sprite if I eat fast food.  Other than my glass of milk in the morning, and the PBRs I consume, water is my only other drink.     

• Heart 1

I quit with the soft drinks (I'm from Georgia and that's correct) :P with caffeine in 1999.  Once in a great while, maybe once a month, I'll have a Sprite if I eat fast food.  Other than my glass of milk in the morning, and the PBRs I consume, water is my only other drink.     

I used to work with a guy that loved Schlitz Malt Liquor.  Not sure why your PBR made me think of Tommy.  Anyway,on a hot summer day, he would take a SML and pour it over crushed ice and then squeeze and entire lemon into it.  

I used to work with a guy that loved Schlitz Malt Liquor.  Not sure why your PBR made me think of Tommy.  Anyway,on a hot summer day, he would take a SML and pour it over crushed ice and then squeeze and entire lemon into it.

Years and years ago, during a deployment in Panama, we went to play golf on a really hot, humid day.  After nine holes we took a break :whistle: and the bartender said we needed a Shanty.  Sure, we said.  Frozen twenty-four ounce glass mug, filled with ice, filled halfway with Canada Dry Ginger Ale, and the other half with Budweiser.  I think we ran him out of frozen mugs before the day was over.  :D 

• Heart 1

I keep trying to cut back....on a bad day (at work, not feeling well...or not much sleep) I might have 2 20oz diet cokes...although TAB was my diet drink of choice back in college.  I never got into coffee.  If I work at it...I will have a pot of tea in the AM for the caffeine and I can go with just water....

I also realize the diet soda isn't doing me any favors and the caffeine isn't all that great either...but meh it is what it is...so far...no plans for soda or pop today.

I used to drink Scotch and soda but I haven't had that in many years. My usual drinks, coffee, tea, water, dark beer, cranberry juice, or skim milk.

I like my scotch neat.  I will mix cheap blended scotch into hot toddies.  I can home one night to find my wife using a 15 year old single malt for a hot toddy and I headed to the liquor store the next day!