Will you watch the Academy Awards tonight?

Kirby

Will you start with the pre - show and watch the whole thing? Catch some of the award show tonight but go to sleep before it ends? Skip the whole thing because there is a Brady Bunch marathon on Catchy tv?

• Heart 1

14 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Womaxx will.  I of course am above all that folderoll and will be watching basketball and auto racing.

Did you watch the Nebraska vs. Iowa women's game? It was a Good One. Now I have to get her set up for the LSU vs. South Carolina game on ESPN. Enrolled in SLING for her viewing pleasure.

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

Did you watch the Nebraska vs. Iowa women's game? It was a Good One. Now I have to get her set up for the LSU vs. South Carolina game on ESPN. Enrolled in SLING for her viewing pleasure.

I've been busy watching the Big East Tournament and the UCONN men's game last night.  Yesterday's women's UCONN game pointed out the state of hasketbash Gig East style as I watched a low level team beat the hell out of UONN while the referees followed the New York City playground style of let them play.  It resulted in a broken nose for another star player by an intentional foul.  UCONN opens today's semi final with the minimum 7 players.  There are now 6 track suited players sitting on the end of the bench.

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

I pass on both the awards and the Brady Bunch marathon.  I don't give a spit about award shows.  I catch the Brady Bunch every morning between 8:00 and 9:00 after Full House and before Family Affair on Catchy TV.  I don't need to see more BB.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

I don't think so.  There's a lot of buzz around here for the native American Lily Gladstone that's in for best actress.  She's from a suburb north of Seattle. But that's not enough to pull me in. I need something like Howard Stern's Fart Man.

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dottleshead said:

I don't think so.  There's a lot of buzz around here for the native American Lily Gladstone that's in for best actress.  She's from a suburb north of Seattle. But that's not enough to pull me in. I need something like Howard Stern's Fart Man.

Yep, from Browning, Montana.

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

I stopped watching a few minutes from the end assuming SC had it locked up and nothing would happen. Boy, was I wrong.

• Hugs 1

17 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I stopped watching a few minutes from the end assuming SC had it locked up and nothing would happen. Boy, was I wrong.

Good thing each team had 5 players on the floor, otherwise they may have had to stop the game. I gather the brother that jumped over the scoring table was arrested.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Did The Beatles win any?  How about Pink Floyd?

Billie Eilish FTW! And, I guess, Ludwig Göransson!  But, indirectly, the Beatles via John and Yoko!!!! 

Best Picture: “Oppenheimer”

Best Actress: Emma Stone, “Poor Things”

Best Director: Christopher Nolan, “Oppenheimer”

Best Actor: Cillian Murphy, “Oppenheimer”

Music (Original Song): “What Was I Made For?” by Billie Eilish and Finneas, from “Barbie”

Music (Original Score): Ludwig Göransson, “Oppenheimer”

Sound: “The Zone of Interest”

Live-Action Short Film: “The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar”

Cinematography: “Oppenheimer”

Documentary Feature Film: “20 Days in Mariupol”

Documentary Short Film: “The Last Repair Shop”

Film Editing: “Oppenheimer,” Jennifer Lame

Visual Effects: Godzilla Minus One

Best Supporting Actor: Robert Downey Jr., “Oppenheimer”

International Feature Film: “The Zone of Interest”

Costume Design: “Poor Things”

Production Design: “Poor Things”

Makeup and Hairstyling: “Poor Things”

Writing (Adapted Screenplay): “American Fiction”

Writing (Original Screenplay): “Anatomy of a Fall”

Animated Feature Film: “The Boy and the Heron”

Animated Short Film: “War is Over! Inspired by the Music of John & Yoko”

Best Supporting Actress: Da’Vine Joy Randolph, “The Holdovers”

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

Good thing each team had 5 players on the floor, otherwise they may have had to stop the game. I gather the brother that jumped over the scoring table was arrested.

UCONN held Marquette to 0 points for the last 14 1/2 minutes of the game.