Pool, Lake or Ocean

Kirby

If you wanted to go relax by some water on a hot day would you prefer

1. Fancy pool at a resort with assorted pool amenities.

2. A deck on a nice mountain lake

3. a chair on an ocean beach

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

15 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

I'd say lake but not a mountain lake.  Why can't I have a pontoon boat on an inland lake?  Why Kirby?  Why?

You can, in a different question.  This question doesn't include boats or kayaks.

• Sad 2

41 minutes ago, Kirby said:

All the above!

But my fav would be the mountain lake.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

But it doesn't include an option for "Wherever there are the fewest people" either.

True, because the people could be at any one of these locations on any given day. 

By the ocean, preferably one with no people on it.  I used to be able to do this sometimes when I lived in VA.  South of VA Beach in Sandbridge, before it was built up and militarized you could fine almost deserted beaches even on the weekend.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, BR46 said:

A motorcycle ride along lake Michigan to the Ahnapee Breweru in Algoma Wisconsin. 

The Burke-Gillman rails-to-trail line that wraps around Lake Washington in greater Seattle is a pretty sweet bike ride. There are breweries along the way if that's your thing.

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, Dottleshead said:

We have a lot of beautiful lakes around here but I think I'm with you. A good beach along the coastline is my book is tough to beat. Just listening to the surf is mesmerizing.  

We grew up surfing so pools & lakes were always boring to me growing up. No waves!  I can’t wait to take CJ in the surf! 

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, Dottleshead said:

The Burke-Gillman rails-to-trail line that wraps around Lake Washington in greater Seattle is a pretty sweet bike ride. There are breweries along the way if that's your thing.

Kirby is going to roll up a newspaper and wack you on the nose.  You are only allowed choose one of her three options.  Anything else results in a demerit.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kirby said:

You can, in a different question.  This question doesn't include boats or kayaks.

What is the altitude of the mountain lake?  Is is fed from glacier run off?  I don't want some lake that is too cold to swim in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

We grew up surfing so pools & lakes were always boring to me growing up. No waves!  I can’t wait to take CJ in the surf! 

You need a bigger lake. 

Sheboygan is the surfing capital of the Midwest. 

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

What is the altitude of the mountain lake?  Is is fed from glacier run off?  I don't want some lake that is too cold to swim in.

The lakes I grew up going to were in our local mountains and do get snow run off.  They are at 5-7K feet elevation.   No glaciers though.

And yeah they are freaking cold in summer but they are refreshing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

1,500 feet and no glacier run off

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Silly said:

Then I'll do the deck on the lake assuming I can fish off the deck.  I can fish off the deck, right?

Yes, but no guarantee the fish will cooperate.

If I have my canoe, a mountain lake.  If I have my dive gear, the ocean, but not a beach.  A rugged coastline. 

Truth be told regardless of which one, I want to be active on and around it, not sitting looking at it

• Heart 2

13 hours ago, Kirby said:

I love salt water for swimming or just the breeze: the ocean or the Chesapeake are great.  Ocean City, MD has a very, very wide beach and lots of food, arcade, apparel, etc. stuff along the boardwark for many blocks.  That's my first choice.

• Heart 1

While neither resort or mountainous, I have two out of three across the street. Put my canoe in the lake if calm as any breeze impacts a solo occupied canoe. Also, take a dip in the pool, relax in the deck chairs and overview of the lake with the advantage to see if anyone is over there from my house before heading to the pool. Ocean? An hour away. Took the grandkids there last week and watch a rocket launch - the last Delta Heavy, ending an era. Was quite windy with rough surf but positioned umbrella as windbreak and I actually dosed off which never happens at the beach. The parents watched the grandkids. 

WV-2500px-4.jpg

Liam and Arabella 2024 - 2500px-7.JPG

Liam and Arabella 2024 - 2500px-9.JPG

Liam and Arabella 2024 - 2500px-12.JPG

• Heart 2