Do you dress up for Halloween?

airinpie

There's a Halloween themed cocktail reception at the writer's conference I'll be at the last weekend in October. We're supposed to dress as our favorite book character or author. I have no idea what to do. I might be able to pull off Hemingway, but I was thinking maybe Pennywise. I'm sure there will be people there who are freaked out by clowns . . . especially psychotic ones. B)

3 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

I don't but womaxx loves the Halloween atmosphere.  Unfortunately for here we live just far enough into the woods that our turnout might be less than 10 kids some years.

Shirley kids who walk into the woods on Halloween just for some poxy sweets need the sheot scaring out of them :) in a Scooby Doo kind of way.

My wife and I still have out wicked "Batman and Robin" costumes we made from years ago.  Cool "Adam West" style, costumes as opposed to 'dark psychotic Batman' costumes.  But we have not been to a costume party in a few years.

I want her to dress as Lucy in a blue dress, (she has the height and hair to pull it off) and I want to make a Charlie Brown shirt, shave my head and draw the squiggle on the front. and back.

She said 'No"

My wife isn't really into the costume thing but her office gets into it every year and since there is only 15 of them she feels obligated to go along with it as she doesn't want to be the party pooper.  We took our kids out for years and then manned the door when our kids got too old so we really don't get into the dress up aspect of it but we enjoy seeing the kids all dressed up.