Welcome LabDaddy

Welcome Bot

Just now, LabDaddy said:

Tizeye.

No. Wait.

Hey, Tom. :)

Simple advice - pretend you don't remember me or the LF. That will keep the wolves at bay - a little.  And Tizeye has actually been popping in a bit lately, too.

Are you still in my neck of the woods? If so, @Old#7 is a relative local but he is moving a bit farther South into the area past Fairfax, I believe, but he rides a lot out beyond Reston where I still am.

Tom

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Simple advice - pretend you don't remember me or the LF. That will keep the wolves at bay - a little.  And Tizeye has actually been popping in a bit lately, too.

Are you still in my neck of the woods? If so, @Old#7 is a relative local but he is moving a bit farther South into the area past Fairfax, I believe, but he rides a lot out beyond Reston where I still am.

Tom

Still here...for a little bit. Will post a brief update soon to this thread.

So, a brief update.

• Got a new pup, "Miles", early July 2017. Male, black Labrador Retriever. He's a pistol. And I'm getting too old for puppies. :D
  • Bought a house in Sarasota, FL Nov 30, 2017. Moving down soon.
  • Was planning on continuing to work remotely, but in January, decided to resign, which essentially means retire.
  • Understand Thaddeus Kosciuszko updated you back in 2013 regarding my cycling mishap; still riding, not back to where I was pre-incident. Moving to FL should help that.

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

BTW, Florida has a bit of a bug problem :whistle:

Tom

We won't mention the alligators. Such as those in that pond back there. Or this one, crossing the street at my next door neighbor's...

ptgator.jpg.2e8439c1d988bc0411bfb6b1897f1779.jpg

Or along the converted rail-trail used for cycling...

image.png.c7a38bb52bce5e24182955b95cf48969.png

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, LabDaddy said:

We won't mention the alligators. Such as those in that pond back there. Or this one, crossing the street at my next door neighbor's...

boy that must keep the small children population down. Are there no leash laws???

but seriously. Do you have to keep the doggehs away from the water? Do the dogs chase the gators? 

6 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

boy that must keep the small children population down. Are there no leash laws???

but seriously. Do you have to keep the doggehs away from the water? Do the dogs chase the gators? 

Small children? At 59, I'm the 2nd youngest on my street as far as I know. :D

Yeah, the pups have to stay away from the water. I'm thinking of "boxing" the cage (from its current "L" shape) so that at least a small area of grass is under the cage.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, LabDaddy said:

5a94612aa2894_2017-12-1507_27_41.thumb.jpg.0dcdc4e2709ecd116faadad0a6b3a482.jpg

Think I can get used to this sunrise at the new house in FL...

Where abouts in FL?  With the narrow pond in the back, almost looks like a house I photographed in the Hunters Creek area. With the rear east facing, it would have been a sunrise too.

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

Things to learn.  Throw all the pool furniture into the pool in advance of hurricanes.  It will stay that way.

Even with the screen house, always check the pool before jumping in.  :huh:

Already in the habit of checking the deck/pool before I enter the deck area. Though, from my understanding, they usually enter through an open door.

8 minutes ago, LabDaddy said:

Sarasota (ish -- a bit south)

While they don't post over here, more on FB, just a little north of you along the gulf coast is Florida Yankee and JohnyPebs and a little further north along the coast is Applegirl. Of course they use their real names on FB.

5 hours ago, LabDaddy said:

image.png.c7a38bb52bce5e24182955b95cf48969.png

Looks, nearly worse than....a grizzly bear in our wilderness areas or a cougar stalking.

Howdy LabDaddy.

• Awesome 1