There should be a law against it!

MickinMD

These damn robot answering services for businesses are now making you wait to hear commercials for the business before giving you a selection of "Press 1 for ...." etc.

I had to call CVS Pharmacy today because, online, I saw that only 2 of 3 prescriptions I had ask my doctor's office to call-in were "in progress."  The listing online for the 3rd prescription included, "contact the pharmacy to refill."

It used to take a couple minutes before you got past "if you are a doctor's office..," and "for Covid vaccinations ..." etc. to get to the long list of what to press to "Press 7 to speak to the pharmacy."

You could press 7 a little before the instruction but that doesn't work anymore!

Today, I had to hear commercials about pharmacy personal care (CVS has clinics in its pharmacies) before I could press 7 and pharmacy products before it connected me.

When I finally got through to the pharmacy, I was told, "Oh, yes, a new prescription is on file.  I'll fill it now."

If I could meet the sob who set up the system, I'd probably end up in prison.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 3

My farmacy has you press 1 to refill a prescription. They have a big spiel about Covid and vaccinations and who knows what that plays for a long time before the start to give you the options. If you are a regular customer you know that to refill a prescription you press 1 and it still works if you press 1 at anytime during that stupid spiel.

• Heart 1

I use a service my Dr. told me about.  They prepackage my meds in a daily package and send me a months worth at a time.  They keep track of my prescirptions, call my Dr. for refills and deliver my prepackaged meds to my office monthly, and charge the same copay I would pay to deal with a conventional pharmacy.  They even call me to check in the week before my refills are due.

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Walgreens is in my medicare plan.  You and I both agree that this is BS.

I had Walgreens as my Medicare plan for several years. Cheapest plan served me fine at around $27 per month and $0 copay. Last year they bumped it to $32 but zero copay was shifted to mail order only and one on my very common generics (Simvastatin???) was moved to Schedule 2. Switched to silverscripts, now Aetna but still CVS after acquisition. I

During my photo shoots in a 55+ neighborhood, consistently heard good experiences with both Silverscripts and WellCare. At $7/mo and $1 per month ($3 for 90 day supply) it was a no brained. I think their $7 is increasing to $11 next year but no change in formulary. Pick them up at CVS/Target a mile from home and has the most personable pharmacist that has been there for years.

@MickinMD   If you think that is bad....   you NEVER want to call the IRS.    

Their automated phone system makes it nearly impossible (I'm sure that is their plan) to connect with a real person.    I had to take notes about the various menu options I tried...   

After I got in the phone que to wait to talk to a person... the hold time was at least an hour, closer to 2 hours.   I got hung up on the first time a 'real' person answered the phone.   Then I got to navigate the menu again and wait on hold again.  :angry:

Yeah that was a fun morning.  

• Heart 1

You should look into Mark Cuban's online pharmacy. it is less than half the price of where I usually go.  If you don't need your prescription filled right away, they're great, but their quick ship fee is $15.  Although, they seem to have become a victim of their own success.  It was taking 4 to 5 days to receive your prescription, but now it's 6 to 7 I think. 

costplusdrugs.com

15 hours ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

I use a pharmacy that doesn't have all those fancy push button operation menu thingies.

I just walk down to the corner, hold out some cash, and my pharmacist gives me whatever I need.

Pretty soon you’ll be growing your own pharmaceuticals. 

I try to simply avoid all prescriptions. If I can avoid taking a drug, I do.  Sadly, poison ivy has caused me to require getting steroids every so often, but I've been lucky lately.

If I had recurring meds, I definitely would look into an online fulfillment system that automatically sent my needed meds on some sort of schedule.