How often do you wear

groupw

Compression socks?  I bought a pair a few years ago that I would wear after races. I kind of forgot about them until a few weeks ago when my calves wanted to cramp all day after a hard workout. 
Yesterday I had a little headwind on the ride home and I pushed again. I need to know better! We then went out with some coworkers for a SO birthday. He likes me because I’m also an F1 fan so he was happy we attended. We were on our feet a lot of the evening. Today my legs were dead. We had errands to do so I wore the compression socks. So glad I did! Legs are now only tired and not dead. I only have the 1 pair. I think I need more. 

• Heart 4

22 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I wore full length compression stockings for three months and then I had surgery on my veins. They were horrible things to wear.

My sister is 53 yrs. and she now wears them, when she must stand on the job for 5-6 hrs. She has a 2nd job:  assisting surgeons. Not as a physician. Her lst job is.

She finds it helps not feeling so tired. She doesn't wear prescription yet.

1 hour ago, groupw said:

Compression socks?  I bought a pair a few years ago that I would wear after races. I kind of forgot about them until a few weeks ago when my calves wanted to cramp all day after a hard workout. 
Yesterday I had a little headwind on the ride home and I pushed again. I need to know better! We then went out with some coworkers for a SO birthday. He likes me because I’m also an F1 fan so he was happy we attended. We were on our feet a lot of the evening. Today my legs were dead. We had errands to do so I wore the compression socks. So glad I did! Legs are now only tired and not dead. I only have the 1 pair. I think I need more. 

I wear the opposite, diabetic socks that a relatively loose and allow lots of blood flow.

12 hours ago, groupw said:

I have a few pairs of semi compression socks. I bought them thinking they were crew height, but I f'ed it up. I wear them to work most days (I have white & black). They seem to help with any ankle swelling I'm prone to.

• Heart 2

You shouldn’t need them during a ride but a number of studies have shown reduced recovery times, post ride.  I wear them if I am doing multiple flights per day or for any flight over 5 hours.  There are several brands but most important is proper calf sizing.  Like anything else, you get used to them.

• Heart 2

6 hours ago, Wilbur said:

You shouldn’t need them during a ride but a number of studies have shown reduced recovery times, post ride.  I wear them if I am doing multiple flights per day or for any flight over 5 hours.  There are several brands but most important is proper calf sizing.  Like anything else, you get used to them.

I have always used them post-workout. Everything I have read says they are not really beneficial during the workout.