Aneurysm

Airehead

10 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Will I die??

My guess is it's easily repairable by replacing it with a piece of another blood vessel that the body can more easily replace.  But if it bursts on it own, I don't know how fast the large amount of internal bleeding makes things critical.

Thank God it's not in the brain where the weakening and bulge in the blood vessel can't be treated!

I had a friend who had one in her brain and she went year after year waiting for it to burst.  It finally did when she was only in her 50's and she died fairly quickly.

• Sad 2

14 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

My guess is it's easily repairable by replacing it with a piece of another blood vessel that the body can more easily replace.  But if it bursts on it own, I don't know how fast the large amount of internal bleeding makes things critical.

Thank God it's not in the brain where the weakening and bulge in the blood vessel can't be treated!

I had a friend who had one in her brain and she went year after year waiting for it to burst.  It finally did when she was only in her 50's and she died fairly quickly.

I had a grandfather die from his bursting. He went in the hospital too late though, from what I heard form my parents. They operated, and it only lasted a few hours. I Was young, about 12 yo.

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) and polyesterare the two most common stent-graft materials.

My mom had an aneurysm at the base of her brain and as I recall it was sealed off with some sort of graft.  I also recall they went up her leg to get to the aneurysm in her brain.  Freaking nuts! 

Not to scare you @Airehead but it was the post op on this procedure that caused her stroke.  The Dr mistakenly took her off the blood thinners which we believe led to her stroke. 

• Hugs 1