Your last social meal before covid lockdown with others not part of your household

shootingstar

I mean when you didn't even have to social distance.

For me, it was the last Friday this past Feb.  With 3 other work folks from another dept. at a popular Korean restaurant for lunch.  We all enjoyed our stone hot bowls, various versions of bim bap.  Yummy, a meal we couldn't replicate at home, with the hot stone bowl thing.  

In fact, part of our conversation did touch upon Wuhan, since I work in a dept. with another employee who was in lockdown in Wuhan with her elderly parents.  She goes annually to visit her parents in China.

Then our city went into restrictions, local emergency alert on Mar. 13.  We absolutely had no inkling during our lunch.  There was signage on not entering work areas with high fever, etc.

It will be a long time before we can all eat together without social restrictions, no masks or no pexiglass panels.

Monday, March 16 my neighbor and I went to a restaurant after we had gone to my friend's mother's funeral...just a few days earlier they had planned a funeral luncheon..but the cancelled the luncheon...the restaurant was only seating every other booth...I think the next day they shut everything down 😥

• Heart 2

Monday March 16. @petitepedal had made her way home. I went into a Runza restaurant. I had planned to get me meal to go, but a friend was also there and asked me to join her. They shut down their dining rooms the next day. I think WoW and I got 1 more meal out before the gathering restrictions made it all but impossible to keep a dining room open. 

• Heart 1

13 hours ago, shootingstar said:

I mean when you didn't even have to social distance.

For me, it was the last Friday this past Feb.

Probably the same time frame as you.  We had shared Ethiopian with another couple. It was funny because we were discussing COVID-19 but from a naive perspective for sure.  The restaurant was less crowded than normal, and one guy at the other side of the restaurant had a cough, which was a bit "scary" at the time.

• Heart 1

My wife and I had friends of our in on Valentine's Day for a 4 course meal.  That was the last time we hosted anyone.  

20200216_080726.thumb.jpg.4cbad125731e8a99e1aeb0f52af1203c.jpg

Last time eating in a Restaurant was Friday evening run to the local brew for a beer abd lamb burger.  I do not really remember when , probably early March

Last social gathering was my hockey team did a year end poker-beer, shoot pool and hangout, evening at one of the guys houses in Mid March right before everything got shut down

• Awesome 1

Our Friday family dinner out just morphed into Friday family dinner in.   We grab something and eat it at either our or my daughters house.  

Last gathering outside of that was my wife’s cousins funeral in February and the super bowl.

• Heart 1

A bunch of us who were high school classmates had started up occasional lunches as "The Class of '68 Lunch Bunch" and I think that was the last group I was in at a restaurant. We were debating which Wednesday to have lunch together in March when the restaurant closures began!

Here's, L-R, Brooklyn Park High Class of 68's top distance runner (me), captain of the cheerleaders (Diane), and top shot putter (Paul). We all went to college at UMBC and became teachers in the same Anne Arundel County Public Schools system in which we were students.  Paul and I taught together for two years at our alma mater, Brooklyn Park and coached the track team we had been on together. Later we were together at Old Mill High where I had been promoted to Lead Gifted Science Teacher and Paul to Assistant Principal.  Diane taught at the next high school down the highway, Glen Burnie High, where she began the first serious high school dance curriculum in Maryland. Many of her students went on to Broadway and Diane has often been called there to assist them in their moves.

We all still live in the same county and none of us has caught C19, so hopefully we'll all be having lunch together again in a few months.

329310839_20190614_141515clar_sat_900p.jpg.f84201c1577f946fb148a792f32a5a3a.jpg

• Heart 1