What are you doing today?

Airehead

Already sent a couple of Eagle Scout related correspondences. Going to get one of the raised gardens ready for early planting and going to try to fix a leaking shower valve.

tomorrow we have a court of honor for the scout troop, and I am going to make a double batch of chili for the potluck that will follow.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Yum 1

Went to church this morning.  I came home and did a little laundry. Then I cleaned a bathroom. Then I did some more laundry.  Then I swept the mud room. Them I swept the garage (to keep stuff out of the mud room). Then I made a small spot of lunch.  Now I’m eating lunch.  Then I’m headed to Menards for a couple light fixtures. Then I’m coming home and replacing the light fixtures.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Kzoo said:

Went to church this morning.  I came home and did a little laundry. Then I cleaned a bathroom. Then I did some more laundry.  Then I swept the mud room. Them I swept the garage (to keep stuff out of the mud room). Then I made a small spot of lunch.  Now I’m eating lunch.  Then I’m headed to Menards for a couple light fixtures. Then I’m coming home and replacing the light fixtures.

Mud and dirt are everywhere right now. 

4 hours ago, Airehead said:

We are taking Otto to his private lesson on agility foundations. He has not qualified for a class with others yet. Then go see Marlene. Car wash stop. Come home and make meatloaf. 

I’m making meatloaf as well. My recipe (ATK) sautés chopped onions and a celery rib, add a clove or two of minced garlic, two tsp thyme, one tsp paprika. When fragrant add 1/4 cup tomato juice. I learned to substitute Bloody Mary mix for the tomato juice. Ate breakfast, drank coffee and played with the pups. Did a Costco and grocery store run. We bought an electric tea kettle for $30. Made a pan of sloppy joes for lunch and we all took a nap. Making meatloaf now. The pups are chasing frisbees .

• Heart 2

I'm basically doing nothing, my calves are still sore from walking Jake for an hour on Thursday after no exercise for weeks due to weather.

Later this week, I'm going to walk a park before the huge flock of Canadian Geese that's there every winter flies north in the Spring.

We've got two weeks of mostly sun and warm-for-winter weather, so the yard work this procrastinator needs to get done by the end of March can wait.

image.png.1e3982b87422b8d9afc34330aa51446d.png

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Parsnip Totin Jack said:

I’m making meatloaf as well. My recipe (ATK) sautés chopped onions and a celery rib, add a clove or two of minced garlic, two tsp thyme, one tsp paprika. When fragrant add 1/4 cup tomato juice. I learned to substitute Bloody Mary mix for the tomato juice. Ate breakfast, drank coffee and played with the pups. Did a Costco and grocery store run. We bought an electric tea kettle for $30. Made a pan of sloppy joes for lunch and we all took a nap. Making meatloaf now. The pups are chasing frisbees .

I use almost the same recipe with V8 and I include sautéed green peppers with the celery and onion. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Airehead said:

Do share. 

No good pics. Saw tons of Canada Geese and Tundra Swans, a Bald Eagle, some hawks, and robins. But nice to get out in the sun, and drive through the countryside. It’s about 10 miles south of Medina.

IMG_3625.jpeg

IMG_3624.jpeg

IMG_3623.jpeg

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Like 1

Well, I didn’t do any work on my car this weekend. Did work on the cajon and Taiko stand:

IMG_0626.jpeg.c86d4194d97d26a2f1c354b8f44bad53.jpeg

IMG_0632.jpeg.baeb60d24e415fb6d22c630635c5d0e6.jpeg

IMG_0637.jpeg.f9ebcc1a3437f500195eac4b55991c51.jpeg

also sat around a little:

IMG_0636.jpeg.ad05243d09866c1d086156f32177c1c6.jpeg

Yesterday we took Sadie for a hike and let her swim in the river for a while. Her favorite activity.  As a beautiful day. 

• Heart 1
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Yup.  The development will likely take another 10 years to finish.  They want to turn it over from the developers to us now.  There are only about 17 of the 100+ house here.

We're voting her in as president.

Does your community have a plan? A management company and a legal team?  There are pretty standard hand-off actions out there, but that's also a nice place to "bury" some details where the developers wash their hands of earlier commitments. 

• Heart 1