How did you start your week?

Wilbur

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Driving home from an awesome week in St. Petersburg, I stopped at a grocery store to pick up dinner supplies including a few bottles of wine.  Put the grocery box on top of my suitcase for the short drive home.  Opened the rear door of my suv and the box started to fall.  One wine bottle Brooke just as I grabbed the box.  My SIL went into full panic mode running around freaking out. :)  In a few short seconds I realized I needed a tourniquet so I pulled of my belt and synched it around my arm.  Then we drove to Hospital one, where I sat 4 .5 hours and the triage nurse would come give me a new wad of gauze every once in a while.  She then said it would probably be 5 more hours of waiting and. suggested another hospital.  

By. then, my SIL went home as my daughter came home from work.  She drove me to the suggested hospital, the triage nurse didn't even look at the wound.  Sent us to a waiting room absolutely full of psych and drug induced zombies.  It was like going to a war zone full of crackheads including one dedicating in a corner on the floor.  

Left there and went to a third hospital, where I was properly triaged, and sent to a surgical suite.  The doctor looked at it and said he had a plastic surgeon coming in to fix it.  That took 3 hours and the photo was 45 minutes after the dressing was changed for the fifth time.  When the surgeon arrived, he crapped on everyone and started barking out all the crap he needed and said this was a real mess.  Anyway, he reconnected a tendon and artery and 26 stitches and 11 1/2 hours after the incident,  I was sent home.  Tylenol 3 is the order of the day.  

I hope you heal quickly and completely.  Sorry for the half day ordeal.

• Heart 1

36 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Driving home from an awesome week in St. Petersburg, I stopped at a grocery store to pick up dinner supplies including a few bottles of wine.  Put the grocery box on top of my suitcase for the short drive home.  Opened the rear door of my suv and the box started to fall.  One wine bottle Brooke just as I grabbed the box.  My SIL went into full panic mode running around freaking out. :)  In a few short seconds I realized I needed a tourniquet so I pulled of my belt and synched it around my arm.  Then we drove to Hospital one, where I sat 4 .5 hours and the triage nurse would come give me a new wad of gauze every once in a while.  She then said it would probably be 5 more hours of waiting and. suggested another hospital.  

By. then, my SIL went home as my daughter came home from work.  She drove me to the suggested hospital, the triage nurse didn't even look at the wound.  Sent us to a waiting room absolutely full of psych and drug induced zombies.  It was like going to a war zone full of crackheads including one dedicating in a corner on the floor.  

Left there and went to a third hospital, where I was properly triaged, and sent to a surgical suite.  The doctor looked at it and said he had a plastic surgeon coming in to fix it.  That took 3 hours and the photo was 45 minutes after the dressing was changed for the fifth time.  When the surgeon arrived, he crapped on everyone and started barking out all the crap he needed and said this was a real mess.  Anyway, he reconnected a tendon and artery and 26 stitches and 11 1/2 hours after the incident,  I was sent home.  Tylenol 3 is the order of the day.  

Wow, I knew wine was evil!

That sucks to have to deal with, but at least the codeine in the Tylenol 3 is effective, too bad you can't toss the worthless tylenol it is bundled with.   Hopefully the healing will be fast and complete.

Will you have a cool scar at least?

• Heart 1

Just now, Randomguy said:

That sucks to have to deal with, but at least the codeine in the Tylenol 3 is effective, too bad you can't toss the worthless tylenol it is bundled with.   Hopefully the healing will be fast and complete.

I think the surgeon removed my life line on my hand.  I don't know if that is good or bad.  The scar will replace a crease I guess. :) 

• Hugs 2

30 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Imagine if it was Zima.  He probably would have lost the arm up to the elbow after 12 hours of arterial Zimafication.

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Imagine if it was Zima.  He probably would have lost the arm up to the elbow after 12 hours of arterial Zimafication.

It is a little known fact that Zima confers protective benefits to those who drink it.  Wounds become self-healing within minutes if you have enough Zima built up in your system.

20 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I was just gonna ask if he was right handed..., but this question works too.

Get better Wilbur.  So are you grounded for a bit?

We will see.  I have a trip to YVR Saturday so may just move to the right seat for that one and carry on.  Like SW says, rub a little dirt on and carry on.  :) 

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I hate what emergency departments have become.  

Glad you got it fixed up ok.  Probably gonna need some rehab.  

• Heart 3

Wow, Wilbur, that looks less than pleasant!  Hope it heals up pretty quick!

Dang, I got off easy, only 3 stitches!  In and out of the Urgent Care place in an hour.  Lucked out, the PA on duty is a Plastic Surgeon at her day job, saved me another trip.

• Heart 2

Dang! All I got is I stubbed my toe hard on a wheel of a lumber cart. It hurt enough to limp all day yesterday. I put it up. When I got home. Last night I stood up from the couch and the ball of my foot popped and ever is back in place. Still sore today, but no limp. 
Heal quickly!

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

3 minutes ago, groupw said:

Dang! All I got is I stubbed my toe hard on a wheel of a lumber cart. It hurt enough to limp all day yesterday. I put it up. When I got home. Last night I stood up from the couch and the ball of my foot popped and ever is back in place. Still sore today, but no limp. 
Heal quickly!

I figured Wilbur tried to hand start the jet or the dirigible and did not move fast enough. 

• Heart 2

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

We will see.  I have a trip to YVR Saturday so may just move to the right seat for that one and carry on.  Like SW says, rub a little dirt on and carry on.  :) 

Is the tendon a major one or a minor one?  How long do those take to get you back playing the piano?

• Heart 1