Do you have pets?

Airehead

3 cats, one of which is allowed outdoors but who stays close to home, sleeps out in the sun on the deck in daytime and inside at night.  She's really an indoor cat that likes to wander around our yard.

Then of course there are uncounted numbers of deer, turkey, fox, racoon, possum, skunk, squirrel, stray cats and coyotes that womaxx keeps as pets.

• Heart 4

Just our cat. I would like to get a dog when we eventually move to AZ. Right now, trips to SD to see Mom, AZ to see the girls, long weekends away, etc, it's not fair to the dog. Down there, the girls will happily volunteer to watch the animals. If we all have to be gone, I have a very good friend in Scottsdale who would be more than happy to house sit. 

• Heart 3

I haven't had any in years.  After I move back into my house, I may get a dog,

It will probably be a beagle like my last dog - I wouldn't be able to handle two Jake-sized, 100 lb+ dogs at a time during a walk.

But I wouldn't be taking this one rabbit hunting - too much like work today - those days are behind me.

Image result for beagle

• Heart 3

59 minutes ago, Airehead said:

This question is a celebration of @Longjohn's new pet.

We don't have any pets but we do have Airedales.  Too many.,

are they pets or family members? 

59 minutes ago, Airehead said:

we do have Airedales.  Too many.

are you trying to give them away? Aren't they like bikes? N+1?

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, dennis said:

I'd like one, but as a renter it's a pain. I'd have to pay an extra deposit and extra rent. If you have a dog, only certain breeds and sizes are allowed. You also have to pay for DNA testing.

DNA testing for you or the dog?😁

• Haha 1

There is a feral cat who is spending time on our front porch. My wife wants to start feeding him/her. I see this as first step to a house cat, and am resisting.

I have pointed out that a cat is not conducive to her bird feeding/watching

And in a display of perversity, when the local hawk stopped by today, and perched out in the tree by the feeders for a few minutes, the missus asked me to shoot him cause he scares the little birds. Does she think the cat passes out sunflower seeds ?

• Haha 2