It is with a very heavy heart that I let you know, we've lost one of our own

Square Wheels

59 minutes ago, wolfpack said:

Can someone please find out funeral/memorial arrangements for Hank and post them??

The least I can do is make the 4.5hr drive down and pay my respects.

It’s like a previous life, memories of you and Hank from years ago in the previous forum. I’m sad about his passing, but it’s kind of good to hear from you again. 

• Heart 4

15 minutes ago, jsharrwick said:

I cried while reading this and almost read it as my Scoutmasters minute at tonight’s meeting.  Instead I opted for Stephen Gullet “I will pass this but once “

I shall pass this way but once; any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being; let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.”

That's beautiful.

I read Let Evening Come at my father's funeral. 

• Heart 3

13 hours ago, shootingstar said:

This is from him when I lost dearie.  The shock that you feel, is the profound shock I felt because dearie was healthy, before he died in his sleep. No pre-indicator at all.

image.png.3e16fa377b4e8c13095b61f4b98eb1a8.png

Look, you and @Longjohn have had it rough.  I had you in mind when I posted the other thread.  I would suggest both of you gang up and kick Death's ass.

• Heart 2

Just seeing this as was out yesterday then have this greet me in the morning. So sad. Was one that would add a little color and variety to the forum. As I read through the comments couldn’t help it as my mind wandered to now with so many of the celebrities he posted about.

• Heart 3
  • Hugs 1

21 hours ago, Road Runner said:

Hank was a big part of the forum for me.  I was always trying to provoke him or joke and kid around with him.  We had lots of laughs and fun over the years.  I can honestly say that, for me, the forum will never be same.  Never.

Very true.  Some of my most fun times on the forum have been joking with him and  kidding you about dropping anvils and other such posts. Both of you have made the forum so much fun for me.

• Heart 2

11 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Does everyone remember when he used to talk about his Dyson with great affection.  My bad, I mistook him for a woman.  :mellow:

I ended up sending him a dm saying I was sorry that I called him a she and that I should have never assumed his gender.    

I thought he was a she at first and then for a long time I didn’t know what he was. Always talking about how much he liked casement windows and tasteful skirt and modest blouse threads. He didn’t seem to have a man card but I think he was mostly playing us.

Does anyone know if he was vaccinated?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

He was so proud of his city, state and country that I made him a wallet that he loved.  Never miss an opportunity to better another's day.  He always bettered mine. 

IMG_1519.jpeg

IMG_1520.jpeg

IMG_1521.jpeg

That is so awesome! I'm sure he cherished it. Oh, and you have some serious skills there.

But, who is Poor Murphy?

• Heart 3