Weekend plans

petitepedal

Made brownies for the peeps at work. Boss’ first day back from her trip to Peru. I added a packet of espresso powder to the brownie mix. 
Work here until 4:30 then drive home. Make something for dinner, don’t know what yet. Put the bike and rack on the car, pack for a Saturday BikeMS ride on the Eastern Shore of MD. Nice ride on the flatland on the Chesapeake Bay. We get a ferry ride from Bellevue (lunch stop) to Oxford. 
I have to pick up Mike at 5:30, leave my house at 4:30. That means wake up at 3:30. 
Drive back after the ride, do something for dinner and sleep. There may be a beer or two. 
Sunday, no plans. So7 will be back from his truck driving trip and needs help picking up some tool boxes so I will probably get roped into that. 

34E9E1C8-5F60-4519-B6DB-1A3731BE70A3.jpeg

• Heart 3

bunch of stuff, but the highlight of the weekend:  Meeting the future in-laws.  Should be fun.  Except for the part where I have to buy some miller Lite, I've been told that's all they will drink.  I have to come up with a disguise to wear in the liquor store.

• Heart 3

Tonight go to a family dinner and leave my daughter for a weekend with the grandparents. Tomorrow morning, drop off the dog at my sisters and drive to Miami. Wifes niece is coming in from Turkey. She's 13 so the only way she flies alone is on a straight flight. We'll pick her up in the evening and drive home to Tampa (about 4.5 hours both ways).

Then Sunday pick up the little one from the grands and take her to a morning birthday party. 

I'm gonna be bushed.

• Heart 4

After a busy weekend last weekend, this one is delightfully free.   Looking forward to not setting an alarm, running some errands and a walk if the weather isn't too hot.   And a nap.

• Heart 4

Went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Enjoyed it. We’re headed to the Jazz Festival next, walk around and find some supper. Feeling a tiny bit better. 
The pairs of guitars were Jerry Garcia’s and the solo is Mother Maybelle’s (June Carter Cash’s mother). Sorry didn’t take good pictures, maybe my daughter did. 

A5CF9797-DB50-4507-937F-233CDC5B8E15.jpeg

9C239FC7-E382-4699-9BA8-C7C82058C218.jpeg

A6BC17D1-5D1D-4B47-9DBE-E4D77A3A84D9.jpeg

A287EE20-454B-4E08-AA42-E174CBE263EE.jpeg

61D7DA20-8172-402A-B012-C5F1B926432A.jpeg

CD09039E-966E-46C6-A5F7-AC50B8F8E6D9.jpeg

• Awesome 1

19 hours ago, petitepedal said:

:runcirclsmiley: what ya got....this week has been busy :dontknow:

Hanging with the gf at her place, then maybe helping a friend ready his new investment house for the first Airbnb booking. 

I think I have painting to look forward to.  I hate painting, but I know he is under pressure because the new place is an unexpected money pit, so I am happy to help him save some cash.

• Heart 2

Take out from Panda Express tonight. Sister of a very good friend is struggling after her lung transplant. Panda Express is donating to her GoFundMe from every online purchase.  If you want to help, the code is 909058. Sorry I didn’t find out to share sooner. 
Tomorrow we’ll be test driving a car then going to a pool party hosted by a coworker. 
Sunday planning to ride and maybe get the Miata out. 

My brother Tim's FiL, Gary, is having an 80th birthday celebration/pool party at Tim's house Saturday.

There will be about 35 people with some relatives - Gary's originally from the Pittsburgh area - and I learned today it will be catered.

I got cheap, 50 cent cards for an 80th birthday, Nephew's birthday (6/4) and Graduation: I had COVID when my nephew Adam's 8th grade graduation/birthday party for adults was held at Fogo de Chao, an expensive and fantastic Portuguese restaurant in Baltimore.

I got him 2 cards and put cash in each to show I'm not cheating him by acting like the birthday and graduation are just one thing.

If Sunday's nice, I going to weed that garden and transplant two rosebushes that were my late mother's into two large pots I bought.  Sunday, she's celebrating her 98th birthday in the realm beyond.

• Heart 1

This will be a busy weekend.  I think it should be named national nerd and geek weekend.

Ham radio field day weekend. It includes emergency training exercises, contesting, playing with electric toys, antennas, radios.  Then Sunday afternoon our grandson will be the opening act at an outdoor concert in Elkhart, Indiana. Are any of you coming to hear him?

285841696_10227604092315952_2768789632700179674_n.thumb.jpg.fd5214e8aabadcfb7451c2706c82c41c.jpg

• Heart 2

7 minutes ago, Airehead said:

@Digital_photog, Einstein wants to know where ham fest is?

Ham field day is all over North America.  Many clubs, emergency management agencies and individuals set up stations,  May of them with portable antennas and emergency power.  Our local club will be setting up at Fairfield High School, about 3 miles from our home.

This may help him locate a site close to you if he wants to visit or take part in it.  Warning: it may turn him into a nerd or geek.  Or maybe even an electrical engineer. :o

https://www.arrl.org/field-day-locator

• Haha 1