Please share pictures of your decorations

Kirby

AT the moment, this little color changing snowman is my main Christmas decoration.  I also have a few battery operated candles in the front window. I'm pretty sure some of you have more elaborate decorations, so please share your pictures.

IMG_2540[1].JPG

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

With Rudy the Wonder Dog roaming the house we are not doing a tree this year.  WoKzoo put up just a couple decorations that could be hung above the 5 ft level.  I wrapped lights on the deck railing in back and this past week end WoKzoo (with my wood cutting help0 made a cute 5 ft snowman that is sitting in the snow outside the bask window.  I have no pics at this time.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Allen said:

Me either. It’s just me now, so decorating seemed kinda pointless.  

I do not know why, but life has beat the Christmas spirit out of me.  Caroling sort of got it going, but overall I am ready for this year to be done and hope the future brings better things.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 2

11 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

The wife's tree(s!) are quite impressive, will take some pics when we get home. We are oot Christmas shopping now.  And as soon as I unfreeze my butt from this bench I'll go home and take some pics.  It might be a while. 

FIFY

11 hours ago, jsharr said:

I do not know why, but life has beat the Christmas spirit out of me.  Caroling sort of got it going, but overall I am ready for this year to be done and hope the future brings better things.

Me too.  This is not a new thing, but the overplaying of Christmas songs and the bellringers and the buy, buy, buy aspect and the travel are all pretty off-putting for me.  I generally feel better about Christmas after Christmas is over, then the Christmas spirit feels a bit more alive, but then I feel that I have missed it all.

• Heart 1

40 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Me too.  This is not a new thing, but the overplaying of Christmas songs and the bellringers and the buy, buy, buy aspect and the travel are all pretty off-putting for me.  I generally feel better about Christmas after Christmas is over, then the Christmas spirit feels a bit more alive, but then I feel that I have missed it all.

Kick it, blow it off, ignore it, follow Nancy Reagan's advice, "just say no." It's overblown. 

My plan, everybody gets a book. I went to a bookstore and picked out one book for each of my friends and family. Not expensive books. I'll cook a nice meal for them, not fancy, but I will roast not steam the brussels sprouts @RalphWaldoMooseworth. I will bring a puzzle too and some trivia questions to quiz them. 

Hundred Dollar Holiday: The Case for a More Joyful Christmas by Bill McKibben

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, dennis said:

Kick it, blow it off, ignore it, follow Nancy Reagan's advice, "just say no." It's overblown. 

My plan, everybody gets a book. I went to a bookstore and picked out one book for each of my friends and family. Not expensive books. I'll cook a nice meal for them, not fancy, but I will roast not steam the brussels sprouts @RalphWaldoMooseworth. I will bring a puzzle too and some trivia questions to quiz them. 

Hundred Dollar Holiday: The Case for a More Joyful Christmas by Bill McKibben

Interesting looking book. I read one of Bill McKibbens's book aboot global warming where he basically said it's happening so we have to adjust. I was big on Skipping Christmas by John Grisham too.  I like your Christmas plan all except for the incorrect cooking of the Brussels sprouts. :)

11 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Do you notice the part where they say they start decorating in August?

My son worked as a tour guide here: 

Image result for gillette castle christmas

Gillette Castle on the CT river.  Every year the place is decorated for Christmas well in advance so the touristas can come.  Maybe it runs on her side of the family.

• Heart 2

This ugly thing was given to us years ago by a friend who constantly tried to decorate our house, but didn't get the theme.  My wife told me to take it to work, get it out of the house.

This was the wonderful friend who recently and tragically passed away from a ruptured colon.  This has taken on a whole new beauty now.  Even if you can't really see the color changing LEDs in the windows

IMG_20191220_160633200.thumb.jpg.8b0e0257d1b42e42df12feb5d03aecab.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

2 hours ago, Page Turner said:

...did you ever get an orange in your Christmas stocking when you were little ? This is where it came from. :) 

As close as I ever came to getting an orange was a limp of coal.

Actually we always got an orange, a red delicious apple and a popcorn ball.  And sometimes I got a lump of coal.

None of our oranges came from your bucket.  They came from the local IGA.

• Heart 1

20 hours ago, Randomguy said: