Happy Thanksgiving

Kzoo

Happy, happy! 

Thanks, Kzoo.  I am on my usual kp duty, peeling an armload of taters. Tradition! 

I have it go out and collect some wood for my daughters fireplace and then head over there to put my bird in her oven.  I do the bird every year.  I get the easy part.

How many taters is an armload?  I can only hold about 6 of those things at once.  That does't sound like many.

• Heart 1

Happy Thanksgiving. :nod head:

Me and the doggies are just trying to stay out of my wife's way while she prepares. The kitchen is off limits. Like she always says, "Many hours of work for a 25 minute meal!"  I do have my chores though, installing the extra leafs on the dining room table and bringing the extra chairs and kiddie table up from the basement, etc. Other than that "stay the heck out of the way!" :whistle:

• Heart 2

Happy Thanksgiving. :nod head:

Me and the doggies are just trying to stay out of my wife's way while she prepares. The kitchen is off limits. Like she always says, "Many hours of work for a 25 minute meal!"  I do have my chores though, installing the extra leafs on the dining room table and bringing the extra chairs and kiddie table up from the basement, etc. Other than that "stay the heck out of the way!" :whistle:

Staying out of the way is a speciality of mine. :D

I have it go out and collect some wood for my daughters fireplace and then head over there to put my bird in her oven.  I do the bird every year.  I get the easy part.

How many taters is an armload?  I can only hold about 6 of those things at once.  That does't sound like many.

10 lbs  - it is easy if you leave them on the bagz. :)

Happy Turkey Day :D   I am enjoying roasted chestnut flavored tea...Probably a good 15 or 20 years since I did a Thanksgiving meal for more than 3 or 4 people..but I find it easy peasy....I refuse to add marshmallows or brown sugar to sweet potatoes...so I just bake them...My friend coming this year (maybe) isn't nto carbs...so I am not making mashed potatoes...It will be stuffing, turkey, gravy, sweet potatoes (well 1 big one), and green beans...NO PIE...instead I will make an apple cranberry crumble...I put that in the oven when we sit down to eat...so once dinner is done and we have chatted a bit..we have hot crumble with ice cream...If I was having more company...I would do pie and probably the mashed potatoes  and a second veggie....it is my opportunity to cook...Timing is always the challenge...that and finding room to cook everything....

I plan to make the potato brussels sprots graten as well..but probably...tomorrow for second Thanksgiving...or is it 3rd Thanksgiving????

• Heart 3

Happy Thanksgiving, Kzoo.   :D

We're headin to a friend's house soon. I have been tasked to make the salad.  Does anyone know how to deal with a pomegranate and a hand mixer? What attachment would I use for that?  

I was going to ride but I have decided that I shall be lazy sloth today, besides makin that salad. :whistle:  

• Heart 2

• 6 years later...
On 11/27/2014 at 8:53 AM, team scooter said:

I do have my chores though, installing the extra leafs on the dining room table and bringing the extra chairs and kiddie table up from the basement, etc. Other than that "stay the heck out of the way!" :whistle:

Gotta have a kiddie table. I miss.having everyone here and putting all the leaves in the dining room table and setting up the kiddie table.

• Heart 3

On 11/27/2014 at 7:46 AM, petitepedal said:

Happy Turkey Day :D   I am enjoying roasted chestnut flavored tea...Probably a good 15 or 20 years since I did a Thanksgiving meal for more than 3 or 4 people..but I find it easy peasy....I refuse to add marshmallows or brown sugar to sweet potatoes...so I just bake them...My friend coming this year (maybe) isn't nto carbs...so I am not making mashed potatoes...It will be stuffing, turkey, gravy, sweet potatoes (well 1 big one), and green beans...NO PIE...instead I will make an apple cranberry crumble...I put that in the oven when we sit down to eat...so once dinner is done and we have chatted a bit..we have hot crumble with ice cream...If I was having more company...I would do pie and probably the mashed potatoes  and a second veggie....it is my opportunity to cook...Timing is always the challenge...that and finding room to cook everything....

I plan to make the potato brussels sprots graten as well..but probably...tomorrow for second Thanksgiving...or is it 3rd Thanksgiving????

Cool....roasted chestnut flavoured tea.

Happy thxgiving everyone!  Enjoy your bubbles.

On 11/27/2014 at 8:36 AM, Dirtyhip said:

Happy Thanksgiving, Kzoo.   :D

We're headin to a friend's house soon. I have been tasked to make the salad.  Does anyone know how to deal with a pomegranate and a hand mixer? What attachment would I use for that?  

I was going to ride but I have decided that I shall be lazy sloth today, besides makin that salad. :whistle:  

I would cut up the pomegranate by hand in large quarters. Then submerse your hands and pomengranate piece in bowl of cool water to take out the seeds. Strains seeds from water.  Not sure how to juice a pommie.

It's very nice in salads..

• Heart 2

It's just Wo46 and I for lunch today and later today we are going to wonder down to the corner bar for the misfits Thanksgiving. The bar is cooking 2 16 pound turkeys and 20 pounds of ham and all the fixings.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

26 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I need somebody to cook for me. I’m tired of it. I’m having baked haddock today with roasted vegetables. Tomorrow I’ll be with my son’s family and probably have turkey.

You need to do cook ahead things that you can eat for days and days. Or quick small meals. I like veggies topped with cottage cheese, but pasta with various toppings is good too. 

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Philander Seabury said:

You need to do cook ahead things that you can eat for days and days. Or quick small meals. I like veggies topped with cottage cheese, but pasta with various toppings is good too. 

I usually make two meals at a time. Sometimes three. I don’t think owl make enough haddock for another meal. I won’t be home tomorrow and leftover fish is not real good anyway.

• 11 months later...