Do you eat cream cheese?

Square Wheels

I never really much cared for it until discovered that I liked scallion cream cheese on bagels, and then I figured out that I could make my own damn scallion cream cheese that was better and a good bit cheaper to make bagels with it at home.  Then I ate too many and realized it was probably better that I don't have it around the house.

• Heart 2

5 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

Like everyone else who replied so far, the only time I eat is by itself is on a bagel.  Unlike other cheeses, I never cut a block of cream cheese and munch on it for a snack.

???

Frozen cream cheese blocks on a stick are a fantastic summertime treat!  Almost as good as frozen butter sticks, I have to admit.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

Cheesecake, and at parties I’ve eaten it as a cheeseball and coated with dried cranberries and pistachios, smothered with a sweet hot habanero sauce. When I was eating Keto, I often made an omelette with salmon, asparagus, and cream cheese. 

• Heart 1

Often on bagels. I assume it's in cheesecake.

When I was young, my mom would so met put whipped cream cheese on Ritz crackers or celery sticks for appetizers at big family dinners. We were fancy like that :nodhead:

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1
  • Yum 1
  • Like 1

I know there is a dip what uses a block of cream cheese and some spicy jelly topping and of course I smear cream cheese on bagels whenever I am offered a bagel and there are big tubs of flavored cream cheeses there.  A bagel with a fried egg, some bacon and some cream cheese with herbs in it is pretty darn good if you like bagels with egg, bacon and cream cheese.

• Heart 2
  • Yum 1

47 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I use a bit in the sauce for my Maple Curry Chicken Penne, but other than that, no I don't tend to eat it.

That sounds good. I use milk in my curry sauce, but cream cheese is still dairy, but adds a tangy aspect.

Yep. I have for some time and there are some good low-fat ones out there.  My dietitian in cardiology recommended putting it on sourdough toast in the morning to give me more sense of being sated.  It works. A piece of sourdough toast with a spread of nonfat smoked salmon cream cheese is not only delicious, it's filling and has a lot of nutrients that aren't just all carbs that the bread is giving you. Speaking of bread, sourdough takes longer to release into the blood stream so you aren't spiking your blood sugar.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

7 hours ago, Mr. Silly said:

Like everyone else who replied so far, the only time I eat is by itself is on a bagel.  Unlike other cheeses, I never cut a block of cream cheese and munch on it for a snack.

me neither.

No sense dirtying a knife when it's soft enough that teeth will do

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

I've never had it.  At least, not that I remember.

Aren't you allergic to it?

I had it on bagels this morning, and it might have been in the cake frosting I had this afternoon.

I've had it a bazillion times and am still alive.

• Heart 1

8 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Why not ?

Man, grab some life, try new shit. Read Anthony Bourdain, take his words to heart.

You have done some epic shit, but it has all been torture, endurance events are great but celebrate the finish, and try some fun stuff.

Wonder how that tastes, taste it. Wonder how that feels, feel it. 

Don't die wondering how

• Heart 1

16 minutes ago, Further said:

Why not ?

Man, grab some life, try new shit. Read Anthony Bourdain, take his words to heart.

You have done some epic shit, but it has all been torture, endurance events are great but celebrate the finish, and try some fun stuff.

Wonder how that tastes, taste it. Wonder how that feels, feel it. 

Don't die wondering how

Not curious.

Vegan now, not sure vegan cream cheese would be all that good.  The wife bought some, I might try it.

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Not curious.

Vegan now, not sure vegan cream cheese would be all that good.  The wife bought some, I might try it.

I have been making vegan cream cheese for my once a week bagel treat. This recipe and I use a variety of seasonings but usually scallions. 
https://www.noracooks.com/vegan-cream-cheese/#wprm-recipe-container-4070

• Yum 1

12 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

WOW makes great cheesecake, on bagels, the spicy jelly dip @jsharr mentioned, in pinwheels.  I’m sure there is more I’m not thinking of at the moment. 
Oh! Jalapeño poppers!

• Heart 1