What do you get the most compliments on?

jsharr
Go to solution Solved by BuffJim,

15 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Strangely for me, it is my sphincter.   It is not uncommon for me to hear "What an asshole!" as I walk away from people.

I get "What a dick!" a lot.  Sure, it's great, but you don't have to bring it to everyone's attention.

• Haha 2
  • Hugs 1

My fitness.  So many things that my husband compliments me on.  He brags about me.  People tell me.  Last night it was about my cooking.  He was bragging about this dish I make to his co-worker and how I always have things prepared when he gets home.  I am good with timing that.  I do this on top of riding to work and back.  :D

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

49 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Most of my compliments are about my wife.

"You've got a great wife" kind of thing

The one I heard the other night in a bar as Wo46 and I were leaving....

Your wife has some big balls....in fact balls of steel. :scratchhead:

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

I don't get many praises about my body these days except when people say, "You look way too young to be 71."

When I was in my 30's and early 40's, the high school girls would tell me I had a nice butt and looked athletically fit.

By the time I was in my early 50's, when I ran with the cross country team I coached and ran past the field hockey practice field, the girls would yell, "Hey, Coach C.! Are you running or walking?"

Today, the most common comment I get is how nice my house looks and how pleased everyone is with "my" choice of windows, siding, major appliances, counters, floors, sinks, ceiling fans, additions, etc.  I picked out all the major appliances, the bathroom stuff and the light-oak hardwood flooring, but otherwise it mostly wasn't "my choice." 

My sister has a much better fashion sense and pays attention to what's new than I do and is not red-green color blind like me.  So I relied on her to pick out colors and styles and she did a great job.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

is not red-green color blind like me

I worked with a guy for years, never knew he was color blind until we both changed departments and jobs and for the life of him he could not get a coil level. Finally I watched to see what he was doing wrong and after he compressed the coil with hydraulic pressure he measured it and marked how much he had to add to the low spots to make it level. Then he took the pressure off and proceeded to add the wrong spacers to level it. I told him he was using a .03 spacer and he marked it .06. He said how can you tell them apart? I said the .03 ones are green and the .06 ones are brown. He said: “Are they different colors”? Then he went on to explain that he didn’t see everything in black and white. He saw colors he just couldn’t tell the difference between colors that are real similar like red and green. We had him do other things and left the leveling up to someone who could see color.

On my cycling. This is a guy who I met back in 09. Have ridden together for years. He's a clown but an entertaining clown ha ha ha. I outweigh him by 80 pounds so he gets a kick out of it when I climb well. When we first met, I was training for a climbing ride. He was mainly MTB with high end bikes. I was riding a hardtail and outweighed him by only 60 pounds back then. He tried to take me on some really steep climbs the first time we rode together. He said we could do my pace and he would wait for me when I fell behind.

I was doing 5,000 ft training rides every week around that time so I kicked the snot out of him on the ride. I think he was shocked that a big guy roadie could outclimb him in the dirt. :lol:

Been riding together over the years and he always gets a kick out of it. Every time we ride, IF he gets a little ahead of me, he keeps looking back and when he sees me gaining, he starts humming the Jaws song ha ha ha!

I get a kick out of his comments. He says that I have a really good spin and great form so others can not tell if I am tired or not. He said that plays games with their heads knowing they are struggling then looking over at me and thinking I am not even trying. Yeah, I can see that happens. I get that a lot from other riders too. But riding with this guy is always entertaining.

I remember getting into a discussion with a guy here or on bicycling, was a while back. He said he would race me, I offered to bet the price of the plane ticket for him to travel. I said one on one on the flats into the wind. He brought up climbing I told him I would need a longer climb if he wanted to race as I feel better as the climb goes on. He said there is no way I could be faster on the upper sections vs the lower start of the climb. 

I have done a lot of climbing with this guy, roadie and MTB, and here it is on paper! :nodhead:

0000eyemage.JPG

• Haha 2

On 11/30/2021 at 3:45 PM, Longjohn said:

I worked with a guy for years, never knew he was color blind until we both changed departments and jobs and for the life of him he could not get a coil level. Finally I watched to see what he was doing wrong and after he compressed the coil with hydraulic pressure he measured it and marked how much he had to add to the low spots to make it level. Then he took the pressure off and proceeded to add the wrong spacers to level it. I told him he was using a .03 spacer and he marked it .06. He said how can you tell them apart? I said the .03 ones are green and the .06 ones are brown. He said: “Are they different colors”? Then he went on to explain that he didn’t see everything in black and white. He saw colors he just couldn’t tell the difference between colors that are real similar like red and green. We had him do other things and left the leveling up to someone who could see color.

I see all colors except red and green are weak for me.  If it's Coke-can red or a spring green, it's easy for me to see.  Some, usually darker, shades are a problem so sometimes I can't tell purple from blue, red or green from brown or some shades of gray.  Some orange shades look green to me.

The eye-doctor of my childhood asked me, when I began to major in chemistry, if I had trouble with phenolphthalein indicator titrations due to color blindness.  I told him I didn't have trouble because it changes color from pink to colorless.  Even if I didn't see it as pink- at certain pH's it looks gray to me, I can tell it wasn't colorless when it's basic.  He also asked me about red lights.  I don't have trouble distinguishing a red light from a green light, especially since the green light appears brighter and is usually on the bottom.  A yellow light is no problem and it's in the middle anyway.

Interestingly, people who are colorblind can tell the differences in shades of color better than non-colorblind people.  So I could tell the slightest hint of pink and always nailed titration tests perfectly.  Before electronics, dye manufacturers used to have applicants for quality control positions sort yarns of different colors during their interviews.  Those who were clearly colorblind got hired because they'd be better able to tell when a dye shade was wrong.

The same was true in WW2 and earlier wars with spotters in planes: we colorblind people see through camouflage better than people with normal vision due to seeing shades better.  When I was a kid, I always wondered why camouflage worked because it was so easy for me to see that it was fake.