Snow

Dirtyhip

17 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Are you riding? Be careful on your way home. 

Thank you, S.  I rode here.  I was soaked.   I got a new goretex jacket that is apparently not goretex.  Liars.  

The weather is warmer and it just appears wet now.  35F  I plan on riding most of the way and taking the bus up death hill and ride the rest of the way home.  Tomorrow will be all bus and walking.  That means a very early day for me.

6 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

It is beautiful.  It's dumping now.  Very pleased here.  It's what my trees crave.

:D

We've got highs in the 60's and 70's forecast into next week.  We should get our first good frost by the 14th.  As it is, my tomato plants are still producing cherry and beefsteak size tomatoes and even blossoms, but they're slow to ripen so I don't know if I'll get more than half a dozen 3" or bigger beefsteaks and a few dozen cherry and small plum San Marzano tomatoes.

2 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

We've got highs in the 60's and 70's forecast into next week.  We should get our first good frost by the 14th.  As it is, my tomato plants are still producing cherry and beefsteak size tomatoes and even blossoms, but they're slow to ripen so I don't know if I'll get more than half a dozen 3" or bigger beefsteaks and a few dozen cherry and small plum San Marzano tomatoes.

You can always pull the plants and let the green ones ripen on the vines in the house.

12 hours ago, jdc2000 said:

After this weekend, it isn't supposed to get above freezing in my area until next March, according to the latest forecasts.

WOW, not looked at the long range for our location, certainly getting colder in the near future, with lows in the teens and single digits with wind and snow later in the period.

Yay! 

I tried to go fishing yesterday. I rode my bike through the elk refuge to the NF. Tromped through some snow, found lots of bones(somebody ate well), got a few casts in and realized it was pretty cold(30s F), rode home through this graupel.

Today's warning:

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 9 PM MDT SATURDAY... WHAT...Periods of heavy snow. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 8 inches. Isolated amounts near a foot possible near Moran Junction. South to southwest winds gusting as high as 30 to 40 mph mainly in open areas. WHERE...Jackson Hole. WHEN...From 6 PM this evening to 9 PM MDT Saturday. IMPACTS...Travel could be difficult at times. Areas of blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility. ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The heaviest snow is likely to fall between late this evening and midday Saturday. Backcountry enthusiasts can easily become disoriented and lost. Frostbite and hypothermia can set in quickly.

IMG_20221103_155447862.jpg

• Heart 1