Do you like your clothes?

Randomguy
Go to solution Solved by Longjohn,

FTR, it is a steady - clothes in, old clothes out - process for me.  Fashion - as limited as it is for me - changes.  I find the past ten years or so has been nice as clothes became more "fitted" and less "drapey". Watch and old Friends and you shudder at the clothes the guys wear. Just awful but that was relatively normal for the times. 

Chuck your old stuff and get some nicer new stuff.

• Heart 2
  • Sad 1

My clothes are fine. I have pulled my belt in tighter 1 notch since retirement.

I'm not exactly a fashionista on dressy side, since am quite conservative and classic in style.  A style that definitely is not flirty.   I'm not certain what I would even wear if invited to a summer wedding since it's too business-oriented...hopefully that's way off in the future.

Today, I won't wear my slightly dirty cycling thick jacket to meet the 2 Chicago ladies in a few hrs. today.  A nicer, newer cold weather cycling jacket with nice fleecy.  My other light winter hooded jackets, are way too warm for today.   We'll be walking, not cycling.  

my wardrobe is simple... jeans and khakis, couple decent suits, button down oxfords, polos, T-shirts, fleece sweatshirts and cargo shorts.  I have a couple light henley sweaters that I wear all the time in cooler weather (got the navy blue one on today).  

The stuff I wear is generally pretty comfortable - winning a fashion award is not important to me.

• Heart 1

38 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

I just bought two new shirts today. I've been getting rid of some of my old work shirts.

I think that I have more cycling jerseys and running t-shirts than regular shirts.

So far, cycling jerseys worn for a looooong time for me.  Some jerseys close to 20 yrs. old and am still wearing them. :)  The material used for my cycling jerseys do last a long time...meaning the material tends to be not too thin.

• Heart 2

My weight has fluctuated so much over the years that I have my fat clothes and my in shape clothes.  I have a plastic bin in my closet with T’s that are Lg or tight fitting XL.  I have been pulling some of those out & putting up my fat clothes.

My work pants are fine, 36” is getting loose at my current weight but no need to replace them.  I’ll have to wear a suit for an event in about a month so I better check to make sure it still fits as I was heavier than I am now when I bought it.  

• Heart 2

I dont buy regular clothes often, although last fall I did buy new Wrangler boot cut jeans.  I probably need some new shirts, and maybe new Dockers. 

now, bike clothes and kits......yeah, every year.

My weight has been relatively constant the past few years. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

I'm slowly getting there.  I've been trying to clear out a bunch of clothes since I retired, but I still have too many that are no longer suitable, don't fit right or were never really right. Or things that I just don't need anymore.  I suspect after I've been retired even longer I'll realize I don't even need as many "nice" clothes as I've kept so far.

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, jsharr said:

You and ChrisL have seen what I wear 90% of the time.  Jeans, boots, button down.  I like the look.  Can add a sport coat to dress it up.  Can add a cowboy hat for the weekend.   I may need to go down a size though, as my jeans are loose and I am on the last hole on my belts.

One suggestion, suspenders!

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

And the damn pants on jeans have to be large enough to accommodate boots, not those skinny ones.

Okay, I just saw some guy in our lobby wearing skinny jeans and boots.  The boots looked new and shiny.  He probably thought he was fitting in...  

And for me and boots, I wear Wranglers and I buy them one length longer.   Just looks better to me if the jeans stack on the boots a bit.  I know this is for cowboys so that when in the saddle their jeans do not ride up as much, but I just like the look. 

• Heart 2

4 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I don't have any that fit anymore because I am so fat. 

Perhaps you are not fat. It was cheap material and shrunk in the wash. At least, that's my story and I am sticking to it!

• Haha 3
  • Like 1

I’m holding steady on weight, but I need to get to work on proportioning better. My torso is a bit soft. I blame the injury and slow recovery. I’ve returned to the weights the last couple weeks I plan to stay with it. Right now my fitted shirts don’t like they should. 

• Hugs 1

2 hours ago, Further said:

The uniform people sometimes mix up our uniforms, I'll get someone else's pants or shirt. Generally I like mine better.

The one time the uniform people gave me the whole weeks worth of someone else’s uniform pants. They fit perfectly at the waist, came to just below my knees. Another tall guy loaned me a pair of pants until we could locate mine. The storeroom guy on day shift had a master key to all the uniform lockers. When I came into work the next day he had found my pants and put the little runt’s pants back in his locker.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

90% of the time I wear track pants a t-shirt and On Cloud sneakers.  I like that.  I hate uniform clothes and surprisingly, blue jeans. 

Athletic pants and a long sleeved t-shirt here.  What's not to like.

Since the moths got to my suit I no longer have one.  If I have to go I'll wear a jacket and a button shirt to a funeral.......or I won't go at all.  Maybe I should put this in my final instructions so people will recognize me.

• Heart 1