Have you put up your Christmas Tree yet?

maddmaxx

The tree is in the stand and we'll give it a few hours before the lights and ornaments go on.  Wasn't planning on getting the tree yet, but drove by several tree lots yesterday, and my wife decided it was time!  I like the smell of a tree in the house.

• Heart 2

If you can believe this, I hauled my little artificial Christmas tree and 2 cookie tin containers of Christmas decorations from Alberta to B.C. Tree ornaments include trinkets bought from foreign countries where I've vacationed, (Dutch wooden shoes from Netherlands), from friends (pineapple, sign of welcome is from a close friend), lobster trap from Nantucket island  etc.  It's actually makes cheap yet memorable later souveniers.

The ice wine is from a winery in Niagara on the Lake wine region near Niagara Falls. Because of liquor laws, it's difficult to get Ontario wines in B.C. and vice versa.

spacer.png

• Heart 4

No.  Daughter #1's birthday is Nov 30th, so when she was growing up, Christmas in our house did not start until Dec 1 so as to not eclipse her day (plus risk gettting decorations broken during birthday parties). Even though she is grown we just still kept the 'nothing before Dec 1' habit

• Heart 3

48 minutes ago, roadsue said:

We put up the outdoor lights. Demolition on the kitchen remodel starts tomorrow. We probably won’t have a tree this year. 

It looks like a demo in our kitchen as it was decided to relocate everything to different cupboards.  IMO the new lazy susan is at fault.  :whistle:

• Heart 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

No.  Daughter #1's birthday is Nov 30th, so when she was growing up, Christmas in our house did not start until Dec 1 so as to not eclipse her day (plus risk gettting decorations broken during birthday parties). Even though she is grown we just still kept the 'nothing before Dec 1' habit

Our oldest daughter’s is 12/16 so it’s been the same here. We’ll probably drag out the artificial tree next weekend, though. Hard to get excited about a real tree when it will basically be the 2 of us most of the season. 

• Heart 2

4 hours ago, roadsue said:

Isn’t that the way? One thing new, and everything else has to change. 

Kitchen looks great.  The tree is up and hooked into Alexa (it's out on the sun porch in the cold.).  A happy black friday sale got us two new alexa controlled indoor/outdoor duplex switches at half price to handle the outdoor lights.

Only womaxx would plan christmas decorations and a complete redoo of 2 rooms at the same time along with a large set of laundry loads.  That took a 5 day weekend.

• Heart 1

10 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

Tree? Trees! WoJSTL is at this moment working on putting up 6 or 7 of them. I think that I will go for a bike ride.

OMG....  WoBG would put up at least 6 trees at our old home.

Now we are down to 4.  One is 12 foot in the foyer. I get to help with that one.   They are all up now...

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Bikeguy said:

OMG....  WoBG would put up at least 6 trees at our old home.

Now we are down to 4.  One is 12 foot in the foyer. I get to help with that one.   They are all up now...

Keeps her happy and...you also, bikeguy.  She must get abit wistful when all the trees go down in the new year every time.

• Heart 1

21 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Do I see a challenge coin sitting on your desk?

Momento’s from previous jobs.  I actually had these made for a company I worked for.  I am a former “Pinkerton Man” and have cool old momentos.

image.thumb.jpg.2bbedec43e9e4239fe502aaea1dff7b7.jpg
The badges with the swooping eye are pre merger with Cal Plant Protection so is pre 1980.

image.thumb.jpg.eda01527fe7652a1ecf035b00ae09d82.jpg

• Heart 1

Just now, ChrisL said:

Momento’s from previous jobs.  I actually had these made for a company I worked for.  I am a former “Pinkerton Man” and have cool old momentos.

image.thumb.jpg.2bbedec43e9e4239fe502aaea1dff7b7.jpg
The badges with the swooping eye are pre merger with Cal Plant Protection so is pre 1980.

image.thumb.jpg.eda01527fe7652a1ecf035b00ae09d82.jpg

I got promoted out of Operations and was supporting all of our subdivisions Fire, Launch Services, Document destruction & Uniformed security.  Fire Services was so happy to have me on their team they actually made me an honorary fire fighter!  I had a jacket but cut the patches off and chucked it when I left.   My son loves the hat they made for me and wears it often.

image.thumb.jpg.db10701244cb5a9a393fc1d0f1f57b98.jpg

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I got promoted out of Operations and was supporting all of our subdivisions Fire, Launch Services, Document destruction & Uniformed security.  Fire Services was so happy to have me on their team they actually made me an honorary fire fighter!  I had a jacket but cut the patches off and chucked it when I left.   My son loves the hat they made for me and wears it often.

image.thumb.jpg.db10701244cb5a9a393fc1d0f1f57b98.jpg

Monitor 1 is my Army display.

image.thumb.jpg.f7f73671c67f06715374050bbc7abdbc.jpg

Monitor 2 has some badges from places I worked:

image.thumb.jpg.a7ed734d864d735b7f92fa67196c3866.jpg

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Monitor 1 is my Army display.

image.thumb.jpg.f7f73671c67f06715374050bbc7abdbc.jpg

Monitor 2 has some badges from places I worked:

image.thumb.jpg.a7ed734d864d735b7f92fa67196c3866.jpg

I have a number of flashes I picked up over the years on various ops...

20201204_122613.thumb.jpg.4b7060da39ab6859f9aef55d2f01ca87.jpg

I ended up with so many coins I had to put them away in a box until I can get them properly displayed.  My favourite (besides my unit one) was given to me after speaking in the States on the 2010 Winter Olympic Marine security to people from 30 or 40 different agencies.  The coin came with a set of POTUS insignia cufflinks.

20201204_122750.jpg

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

8 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I have a number of flashes I picked up over the years on various ops...

20201204_122613.thumb.jpg.4b7060da39ab6859f9aef55d2f01ca87.jpg

I ended up with so many coins I had to put them away in a box until I can get them properly displayed.  My favourite (besides my unit one) was given to me after speaking in the States on the 2010 Winter Olympic Marine security to people from 30 or 40 different agencies.  The coin came with a set of POTUS insignia cufflinks.

20201204_122750.jpg

I always felt bad as an MP as we had numerous requests for our brassards from civilian LE we worked with.  But our supply sergeant wasn’t too cool with us losing them and we had hell to pay for replacing “lost ones”.  We usually have them patches.

• Heart 1

11 hours ago, dennis said:

How big is your house? I'm not sure I have space for even one small tree. 

About 3400 sq ft.  

This 12' tree is in the foyer. 

641101412_tree5.thumb.jpg.6bd57551b8013b4cb42dcce9bc6d43b1.jpg

2 in the dining room

352423010_tree67.thumb.jpg.3ea8ebf7d27c89e5c5ec3566bc12df4c.jpg

The 10' tree in the living room.

1031847314_tree4.thumb.jpg.13b2fe018e577707198df100861d1353.jpg

One in WoBG's office.

One in a hallway on the second floor.

And one in a bedroom.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

For the lst time in past 8 yrs., there are Christmas decorations and a big Christmas tree (not in photo below) in our condo foyer. 

The money from condo board got from taking our recyclable bottles to depot..was a few hundred dollars for reusable Christmas decorations and lights bought on super cheap post- Christmas.  Also box to collect food for food bank and boxed toys around the corner from this photo.

It's a smaller, highrise buidling.  Not fancy like Dennis' main bldg. common foyer.

noel decorations.JPG