So what is your forte?

Ralphie

1 hour ago, Ralphie said:

Still trying to figure it oot at 68 yearsss old. I am pretty good at drivel, relaxing, goofing off, ruminating, woolgathering, and music appreciation.

Humans only have to be ok at breathing, eating, drinking, and sexing up the horniest ladies or dudes.  That is it, you don't even have to be good at it a little, you just have to do it.

I don't think we have a grand purpose, it seems kind of arrogant to believe that.  We are born, and we die, and you are considered biologically successful if you squeeze out a pup or two before your parts wear out or stop working or you die in a freak masturbatory accident.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

I have pretty good reflexes.  I probably could have been a ECHL level goalie if I applied myself.

My farts can clear a room.  They have impressive hang time too.

That is about all I offer this planet.

Those days have passed from my sphere.  I no longer have the reflexes to drive race cars of be a keeper.  I did poison an aisle at the grocery store this morning, but I left quickly without warning the other shoppers.

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Those days have passed from my sphere.  I no longer have the reflexes to drive race cars of be a keeper.  I did poison an aisle at the grocery store this morning, but I left quickly without warning the other shoppers.

Yeah... my hockey playing days are long past.  I've upped my fart game to compensate.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ralphie said:

Still trying to figure it oot at 68 yearsss old. I am pretty good at drivel, relaxing, goofing off, ruminating, woolgathering, and music appreciation.

I'm a jack of all trades in terms of carpentry, music, fishing etc. skills but I'm a damn good chemist, with my skills honed in the graduate school of IIT and kept sharp through both industrial research and teaching, and an excellent, A-rated, high school science teacher.

There are some things where I'm very knowledgeable and capable but certainly no expert including cooking, gardening, minor home repairs, and coaching sports.

I do have some skills with the "pianoforte," the official name of the modern piano. Around 1700, it was invented in Italy as an improvement on the harpischord, where the strings are plucked at only one volume.  It was called the fortepiano which means "loud-soft" in Italian.  Somehow the "piano," soft, part got moved to the front and it's usually just called a piano ever since.

When you play Bach's Baroque Era stuff, which was mostly written for harpsichord, on the piano, you're properly taught to play at a fairly level volume and do a little separation (staccato) between notes to imitate how a harpsichord sounds.  But since a lot of Bach's piano pieces he also used for orchestra pieces where most notes are smoothly connected (legato), I bet Bach played legato on the occasions when he used the recently invented piano.

• Heart 1