Jelly Beans

Wilbur

1 hour ago, Kirby said:

They serve a purpose because if I had to eat them to stay alive, I wouldn't really care if the storm got me :nodhead:

In the book Blue Highways, the author, leaving on a long road trip in a van is given a can of yams to take on the trip.

So he'll never be out of food.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I love them - except when they (looking at you Jelly Belly) mix in "buttered popcorn" or "spicy cinnamon" with near identical colored "banana" & "Pina colada" or "very cherry".  :angry:

Starburst maked the best jelly beans.  Just trust me on this.  Good size, great flavor, no stupid flavors like mashed potatoes with gravy.   

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Starburst maked the best jelly beans.  Just trust me on this.  Good size, great flavor, no stupid flavors like mashed potatoes with gravy.   

I get Starburst.  I also actually like the cheap ones that crop up this time of year with no real "name brand".  Brachs are good too, but sometimes I accidentally get "spiced" and don't like those as much.

4 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I like Jelly Belly.

I eat too many at once.

They are not allowed in my house.

True, true, and generally true!  I sometimes forget and they get through the gate and I relearn it all over.

I do like a small baggie of them in my bike jersey pocket for a quick hit of sugar.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Silly said:

Ice cream sandwhiches make for a better balanced meal than jelly beans.

Bigger jelly beans are easier to balance.  I bet if you had a jelly bean the size of an ice cream sandwich it would be pretty easy to balance.

• Heart 1

53 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

the red spice ones.

image.png.d2b75361b9faefd5d8b5ffb1a7d24e71.png

I’ll take a few of these. mr likes jelly beans, preferably the Starburst kind. He likes the black licorice ones, but wasn’t too keen on the Dutch version. I like Jelly Belly for the root beer, cinnamon, and buttered popcorn flavors. 

• Heart 3