Please post a picture of one of your favorite places

Kirby

Please post a picture of one of your favorite places and let us know why you like it.  Is it where you grew up?  A favorite vacation memory?  A place that gives you peace and relaxation?

• Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Water is da bomb until you live too close in a storm.  I lived for 2 years in Key West, high point 15 ft above sea level.  At times they might have had work for you on Duval Street.

Yeah..., it can both a blessing and a curse

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

If there was a place I'd like to go to more often it would be the Tides Motel Falmouth MA.  It's sort of a fleabag with great location.  We go there park the car and don't move it for a week or more.  Everything is done on a bike. The beach is at your back door step, the harbor is on the front door side. It is from where that boat is tied up that my ash scattering trip will begin.

Tides Motel of Falmouth - Cape Cod A-List

It would be cool if we knew someone rich enough to rent the whole place for SW Forum for a weeks gathering.  The Cape is reasonably flat and bikes can be taken anywhere for rides not involving the major through roads like 28 or 6.  Beaches, Ferry boats to Martha's Vinyard for more bike riding, Pub crawling by bike, more beaches, lots of restaurants from shacks with picnic tables to 3 star cusine.

• Heart 2

17 minutes ago, smudge said:

If it's a flea bag kind of place, I'm sure they'd offer great rates for the opportunity to actually switch on the NO in front of VACANCY.  :D 

Actually you'd have to book almost a year in advance.  

I call it a fleabag because it's commonly hit in the face by the ocean in winter storms.  Consequently it's a cinderblock and concrete building inside and out with indoor/outdoor carpet in the rooms and relatively inexpensive appliances and furniture.  It's a super place based on location however and it actually commands more pre room than the place further inland that I used to own a small piece of.  A room can go for a hundred and a half a night in the summer, while my place when bankrupt.

As the realty people say, location location location.

Check the map:  Zoom in on the sailing academy at the mouth of the harbor.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1CAMWDF_enUS803&sxsrf=ALeKk011_o-AtM-RbRy8BdsrLnM7N8D63w:1586801338176&q=falmouth+harbor+ma&npsic=0&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=41546107,-70604283,333&tbm=lcl&ved=2ahUKEwiX0NzQ_-XoAhWHZd8KHU-zBKIQtgN6BAgLEAQ&tbs=lrf:!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:1&rldoc=1#rldoc=1&rlfi=hd:;si:;mv:[[41.573307298976424,-70.4447583882547],[41.47563351347399,-70.67220971271759],null,[41.524488836243826,-70.55848405048614],13]

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

It would be cool if we knew someone rich enough to rent the whole place for SW Forum for a weeks gathering.  The Cape is reasonably flat and bikes can be taken anywhere for rides not involving the major through roads like 28 or 6.  Beaches, Ferry boats to Martha's Vinyard for more bike riding, Pub crawling by bike, more beaches, lots of restaurants from shacks with picnic tables to 3 star cusine.

The Cape Cod Rail Trail runs from Dennis (the town not @dennis) to Wellfleet. 25 miles. I have a cousin who lives in Falmouth, I could stay with her. 

• Heart 1