Do you care about the Masters Golf Tournament?

Kirby

Will you be eagerly following the scores and watching the event?  Will you tune in briefly on the last day just to see the celebrations?  Are you wondering what the Masters Golf Tournament is?

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Are you wondering what the Masters Golf Tournament is?

I live on a "Chamionship" 18-hole course. Every year there is some Valspar invitational that loads down the guard gate with people coming in. Only reason I go to the clubhouse is for Prime Rib thursadys (occasionally), and the Mothersday/Easter/Christmas brunches they do. Oh and one time last month to get the pin code for the course bathrooms. See they recently upgraded the course bathrooms with lockable doors via pin code instead of just locking at night. I use these as pit stops on my runs. 

No other thought of golf.

• Heart 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, goldendesign said:

I live on a "Chamionship" 18-hole course. Every year there is some Valspar invitational that loads down the guard gate with people coming in. Only reason I go to the clubhouse is for Prime Rib thursadys (occasionally), and the Mothersday/Easter/Christmas brunches they do. Oh and one time last month to get the pin code for the course bathrooms. See they recently upgraded the course bathrooms with lockable doors via pin code instead of just locking at night. I use these as pit stops on my runs. 

No other thought of golf.

I’m not a golfer nor do I care about pro golf but for a while my FIL lived in Pinehurst NC and I liked going to the club house for dinner & such.  I remember walking the famous course #2 and bending down to touch the grass on the greens.  They were so perfectly manicured I thought they were turf & not real grass. 

• Heart 2

No.

I do have a close local friend she used to join a bunch of gal friends (who had more money than she) where they flew somewhere in North America ..for a golfing vacation.  When she told me this, it sounded so novel.  Well, yes she has a set of her own irons.

But guess it's no more novel, than shipping one's bike overseas for a multi-wk. bike trip.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, shootingstar said:

No.

I do have a close local friend she used to join a bunch of gal friends (who had more money than she) where they flew somewhere in North America ..for a golfing vacation.  When she told me this, it sounded so novel.  Well, yes she has a set of her own irons.

But guess it's no more novel, than shipping one's bike overseas for a multi-wk. bike trip.

Most golfers do a winter golf trip to limber up for the season.  It is very common.   I know very few cyclists who have traveled with their bikes.  You should explore golf.  It has become a popular passtime with senior ladies and is a great social outing.  Your friend would be a good place to inquire.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Golf on TV would be more fun if they allowed heckling from the crowds gathered at the green.

"10 says he misses the put"

"It's going to be short"

• Heart 2
  • Like 1

On 4/12/2024 at 11:51 AM, Ralphie said:

If I do atoll it would be for the scenery, just like with the big bike races. 

mr tuned in to see the grass. 

Fun fact: the average ago of Masters winners is 32. Closer to 32 and change. The average age of viewers is 56. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, MoseySusan said:

Fun fact: the average ago of Masters winners is 32. Closer to 32 and change. The average age of viewers is 56. 

I'm going to watch just so I can be above average for once in my life!

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
  • Hugs 1

57 minutes ago, Dottleshead said:

Yeah, I decided to go out for a walk instead out on Birch Bay (you reading this @Razors Edge?) and then agreed to mow the neighbor's lawn (a 3 hour job).  So I'll be catching the highlights on the telly tonight.

How big is the neighbor's yard?!

56 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

The dachshund chariot races finished so I turned on the Masters.  How's Tiger doing?  Arnold Palmer?  Jack Nicholas?

Hard for them to win when Bobby Jones is playing.

On 4/13/2024 at 10:42 PM, Wilbur said:

Most golfers do a winter golf trip to limber up for the season.  It is very common.   I know very few cyclists who have traveled with their bikes.  You should explore golf.  It has become a popular passtime with senior ladies and is a great social outing.  Your friend would be a good place to inquire.

Golf clubs are definitely way more portable than a standard bike.  I know lots of folks who will do golf trips to Florida or California or Hawaii simply because the courses are generally warm year round and are beautiful.  While I've never taken my golf clubs with me on vacation, we've certainly stayed at enough vacation spots that have golf courses that I would consider it if I was better at it (or my brothers came with us).  

I find renting a bike(s) FAR easier than flying my/our bikes somewhere and then worrying about transporting & storing them when not using them.  My BIG ASS Trico bike box takes up a good bit of trunk real estate, so we'd have to rent a large car/minivan, just to cope with that, and honestly, I'd rather just see what a local LBS is offering for most riding.  Even thinking about a bigger event ride, I don't think I would tote my bike anymore.  Too easy to find nice bikes for rent these days.

• Like 1

Not even a little bit.  I am actively annoyed by it, based on yesterday.

You gotta be the biggest brain-dead moran on the planet to find watching golf enjoyable or as anything other than a cure for insomnia.  Holy shit, please find the brain cell of a termite and go to something better, which would be anything.  Really, I mean that, literally anything would be better. 

Yes, I have exaggerated for effect, but only slightly.  Gadz, starved for entertainment is an understatement.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

But isn't that what it is for many? An easy "tune in and tune out" or whatever sort of thing?  Put it on, kick back in the lazyboy, and relax.

I walked about 4 miles yesterday, and wanted to stop someplace and have a beer while it was nice and sunny and warm out.  Most places had golf on, with tons of the stupidest red hat voters in the world that NJ could vomit out for the day, vapidly drinking and staring at the tv.  On a brief inventory, nobody in the four pubs I wandered into and out of seemed to possess the mental acuity of a parasite lodged in a week-old dog turd.  I couldn't go someplace with golf on the tv, and I can generally sit at a bar and enjoy almost any sporting event on a tv as long as I am having a beer.

Golf, as we know, does not qualify as a sporting event.