Are you a natural at anything?

Square Wheels

Cooking.  My sense of taste and smell is quite sharp.  My creativeness takes on a new form with food.  I can't paint, but I can create foody things that impress the people around me. Use of flavor and color is a way to be artsy with a plate.  :loveshower:

I was never a natural at biking.  I just got better with lots of paractice, drive and perseverance.  I can be very disciplined about training, but that doesn't make me a natural.  Just makes me a hard worker.

• Heart 1

I have a bit of a musical ear.  I have always been able to hear a song and pretty quickly pick out the melody and play it on the piano.

Nowadays I can generally identify the chords too, but I think that ability has developed from years of listening to music, not necessarily "natural".

I am a natural story teller.  There is always one in our family and I am this generations.  I can hold a room for hours with tales of our family.  Some of them even true.  :whistle:

In the pre-written word era, I would have been the keeper of the spoken history.

I am also pretty coordinated, and while by no means a 'gifted athlete" I played Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, Volleyball and Swimming at a competitive level and Golf and Tennis for fun, all came fairly easily to me.

• Heart 2

29 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I am a natural story teller.  There is always one in our family and I am this generations.  I can hold a room for hours with tales of our family.  Some of them even true.  :whistle:

In the pre-written word era, I would have been the keeper of the spoken history.

I am also pretty coordinated, and while by no means a 'gifted athlete" I played Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, Volleyball and Swimming at a competitive level and Golf and Tennis for fun, all came fairly easily to me.

And you are a very talented diver too.  That is really neato.

• Heart 1

39 minutes ago, Further said:

I never really worked at it, but I've often been pointed out as an example of how not to do things. So I guess I'm a natural born bad example.

Gotta go with my strengths    ;)  

I am a great product and instruction tester.  I can find ways no one ever thought of to screw them up. :)

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Zephyr said:

I love stories!  My dad was a natural storyteller, so I grew up with stories.  When my son was little I would ready to him and his dad would tell him a story about a broken car, if he tried to read to him my son would say "no dad, talk me a story!" :)  My son is also a natural story teller and I love to listen to him!  

• Heart 1

I am spacial ..well according to those who tested me...I have an above average ability to mentally manipulate objects in space :cheerleader:  Whatever the hell that means..I do jigsaw puzzles...Oh and there was the time I moved a friend...I showed up at her efficiency apartment and said "Holl shit that all ain't gonna fit in my truck"...We proceeded to move out boxes that we would ship..I said "Stop...the rest will fit"....and it did...all of it except for 1 collapsible bookshelf...you couldn't squeeze a cat in the available leftover space....I had all these english majors in awe of my abilities :D

• Heart 2

33 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I am a natural brunette.  Unfortunately, nature has been cruel to the colour and follicle count.

I had naturally chocolate brown hair.  Fortunately, I've found that I'm a natural at looking like Bruce Willis with a little razor work.

I'm good at dealing with things that require me to externalize my thinking.  Robot arms, cameras, radio control objects etc.  In most cases, once the basics are practiced I no longer think about controlling them but am more likely to be them.  When I raced, I was never a driver in a car........I was the car and all the feelings that came with it.

Perhaps Wilbur and the other pilots here can explain that better because I think that they learn to do that as well.

• Heart 1