Forum Meet Ups

Kirby

LJ's  "Forumites" thread got me thinking about various forum meet ups and I wondered who here has met the most forumites?  My initial thoughts were @Randomguy and @petitepedal were the likely leaders, but there are some members quietly meeting folks, so there could be a surprise contender.

So how many forumites have you met?  For purpose of this analysis, let's include two numbers: 

1) people who were posters at the time you met them, even if they're no longer active posters here

2) people who are currently active posters

Don't count significant others, unless the SO's are/were also posters in their own right.

• Like 1

Just one but it was too brief as I was still suffering from a concussion so I had to back out of our planned ride.  WOChrisL and I were able to at least swing by for a brief visit.

Surprisingly I have never met Beanz but we did have a fly by once or twice. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

15 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

At least 10 or 12 who are not here

And 14 probably more who are or have been on here

Wow, was it mostly you taking a trip or them dropping by your city?

I've only met 1....MoseySusan.  

I actually don't expect folks in our area much. Seems like a huge effort to cross the U.S.-Canada border for some folks.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

1 hour ago, shootingstar said:

Wow, was it mostly you taking a trip or them dropping by your city?

I actually don't expect folks in our area much. Seems like a huge effort to cross the U.S.-Canada border for some folks.

If they didn’t require passports both ways, uphill. I’d visit more often. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Parsnip Totin Jack said:

If they didn’t require passports both ways, uphill. I’d visit more often. 

I've ensured I've had a current passport for past 25 yrs.  I use my passport even flying domestic flights.  Many Canadians do, I see them holding their blue passports in the domestic flight lounge areas....all lining up for domestic flights.  I've been flying enough between Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto several times annually..until dearie passed.  I haven' seen any Canadian showing their driver's license at the boarding gate for domestic airflights.

On the next round, I will pay approx. $250.00CAN when I need to renew my passport for...next 10 years. (will wait until 2027 for passport expiry).

Keep in mind, I don't have a driver's license, so the passport provides a very strong govn't ID for me.

• Heart 2

4, but none are here. I chase everyone away as none currently on the forum. Everyone avoids me when the come to Orlando. :dontknow:

FY, Johnny Peds, Applegirl, and Adam Clark (forget his forum name). Met at a charity ride and cookout at AG's house.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

10 current Couch, 2Far,  Kirby, Petite, RG, Digital, Parr8, Parsnip, UglyBob

3 more who no longer participate FSOG, Tude, and the person with the yoga studio

Also one more person at FSOG’s snowshoe volleyball but with name changes, I am stuck. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

5 hours ago, shootingstar said:

I actually don't expect folks in our area much

I’ve been “in your neighborhood”, both Vancouver and Calgary. Probably rode the same bike paths. 😃

I’ve met/ridden bikes with 12 forumites. And had as many near-misses where the Mosey family was in the area, but we couldn’t coordinate getting together. 

• Heart 1
  • Like 1
  • Hugs 1