What kind of Coffee do you drink?

BuffJim

Peet’s is good. Tug Hill Roasters has some good blends. They are a local company that buys beans from all over and grinds and packages it.

• Heart 1

Peet's is good.  I have a friend that roasts various blends in BC.  I pick up a case whenever I am there. 

I also enjoy tea, but it is an afternoon/ evening drink for me.  Makes me nauseated on an empty stomach.

I am also a big Murchie's fan as they have been a family tea institution in BC since 1894.  A tea house, long before all the trendy upstarts.  If you want real tea of the highest grade, go there. :) 

https://www.murchies.com/store/

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

Folgers instant, except when I go to coffee shops for espresso. Here is a local roaster, that use to have a coffee shop.

"Basque coffee". It's been a long time since I have heard reference to the Basque. I used to live in a community out west with a lot of Basque people in it. Coincidentally, they were primarily a community of sheep herders. :)

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I missed what your new gig is.  Is it fun?

Surprise.  I'm working as a contract worker at the company that laid me off retired me 6 years ago.  I work a couple 3 days a week on things I used to work on.  This week I'm repairing cables for our test lab as they've been busy wearing them out.  It's a little pocket change and I don't have to work full time.  This time of year a snow day is a no day.

It was fun for one day.  Suddenly I remember how nice it is to be retired.

I've never tried their coffee, unless I had it at a restaurant without knowing it, but we live about 1/2 a kilometer from this company's roasting plant.

http://reunionislandcoffee.com/?gclid=CjwKCAiA8P_TBRA9EiwAJrpHMyvDkaNnSerkiGLr8-XBztlOIUbptgWg6omHc3D2d7pw0WB2NfDhvxoCQ2EQAvD_BwE

Whenever there is a southern breeze, wed can smell the aroma of the roasting java, and it's heavenly.

• Heart 2

3 hours ago, dotman17 said:

I drink coffees from Kaua'i. And i even put fucking cream in them. Whaddyagoonadoaboutit??

I'm a 1/2 & 1/2 sort of coffee drinker.  I can go with black coffee, but the 1/2 & 1/2 takes it to the next level.  Used to do sugar when I first started drinking coffee, but that was easy to cut out to save on unnecessary refined sugar.  Cream would be overkill, but I do like to sneak in some ice cream once in a while!

Tom

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

I'm a 1/2 & 1/2 sort of coffee drinker.  I can go with black coffee, but the 1/2 & 1/2 takes it to the next level.  Used to do sugar when I first started drinking coffee, but that was easy to cut out to save on unnecessary refined sugar.  Cream would be overkill, but I do like to sneak in some ice cream once in a while!

Tom

This is me Tom. I used to drink it straight up but then in my 30s I discovered coffee creamers. But I found the half and half trick with sugar was good and then decided the sugar was unnecessary. I dropped the sugar some ten years ago.

11 minutes ago, Further said:

Seattle's Best  #5   They changed the name and now it's called Post Alley 

Two 12 ounce cups in the morning, one while watching the news, one while driving to work.

TMI ?

You work in maintenance, you are seriously deficient in the quantity of coffee you drink for a maintenance man at the mill. You need to kick it up a notch.

• Heart 2

When I had the café I bought all my coffee from a local roaster but I don't make the effort to go there for just coffee for myself. I buy Columbian and get it in a can already ground from a grocery store. I always drink it black and drink one pot in the morning. If I don't have time before going to the gym to drink the full pot I'll drink what's left when I get back, either nuked or just drink it room temp.

12 hours ago, groupw said:

Trader Joe’s Sumatra. 

My daughter sent me a coffee aged in a whiskey barrel. Nice flavor on occasion but the next set of non-flavored coffee will be a cleanse of the grinder!

I use rice to clean my coffee grinder. A handful of raw rice on coarse setting cleans the burrs pretty well.

• Heart 1

Sad news...the coffee maker broke this morning. Good thing we have a Nespresso which usually have a cup in afternoon, otherwise would be an early morning run to Starbucks. Hate Dunkin Donuts coffee as they insist of putting in sugar and cream rather than let me do it myself - light on sugar and cream to bounce. Their version is coffee flavored cream syrup.

Usually buy the coffee at Costco, grind the beans there and freeze which preserves freshness during the time takes to consume a 5 lb bag and thaws out overnight when set to come on in the AM. Never freeze whole beans!

5 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

Sad news...the coffee maker broke this morning. Good thing we have a Nespresso which usually have a cup in afternoon, otherwise would be an early morning run to Starbucks. Hate Dunkin Donuts coffee as they insist of putting in sugar and cream rather than let me do it myself - light on sugar and cream to bounce. Their version is coffee flavored cream syrup.

Usually buy the coffee at Costco, grind the beans there and freeze which preserves freshness during the time takes to consume a 5 lb bag and thaws out overnight when set to come on in the AM. Never freeze whole beans!

I have an Italian percolator in ready reserve.

• Heart 1

49 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

Five pound bag?!?!?! Wow, that is HUGE!

I assume the coffee maker has been replaced already?  We have a spare which is useful for the holidays or family get-togethers since we can brew two pots at a time during peak consumption hours (or do two varieties).  We also always have the french press and the Bialetti Moka in reserve.

And the Nespresso at work has become an afternoon tradition already :cheerleader:

Tom