Do you carry a pocket knife?

Chris...

Yes.  This is my EDC.  It has a 1.5-inch blade.  It takes up very little real estate when clipped top by front pocket.

I have another knife I carry in the evening and on weekends (my work knife) and I have a backup EDC with a 3.5-inch blade if I want to carry a little bigger.  I also have my dad's Swiss Army knife in the car and I have utility knives in every toolbox and at every workbench.  I'm never more than a couple feet from a knife - even while sleeping.

image.png.00c303261603c6f820afc11862899f87.png 

Don't ask me what a bunch of women who don't know each other, talk about.

I'm not sure.  I have not been around a large group of women strangers for several decades. My social circles probably are more 1 to 1 most of the time.

For sure, with women cyclists, we will look at each other's bikes and ask casually on something related to one another's cycling. I certainly have. And now have 2 good friends.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I'm curious, why?

why carry a pocketknife?  I use mine daily.  open packages at the office.  Open food wrappers, etc.   I cut stuff for campouts all the time.  When hiking I use it to cut up cheese or meat sticks.   If I was in a wreck, I could use it to cut my seatbelt if needed.   

• Heart 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, jsharr said:

why carry a pocketknife?  I use mine daily.  open packages at the office.  Open food wrappers, etc.   I cut stuff for campouts all the time.  When hiking I use it to cut up cheese or meat sticks.   If I was in a wreck, I could use it to cut my seatbelt if needed.   

Thanks

I guess I've never come across such a need,

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Thanks

I guess I've never come across such a need,

I carry one daily and it’s mainly used as @jsharr notes.  I have never engaged with a blade but nearly put someone down who pulled one on me.  
 Nearly 40 YO Gerber.  Not even sure if Hoffritz is still in business…

IMG_1654.thumb.jpeg.0a1db38319a5fb47bf9685b123908e14.jpeg

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, shootingstar said:

Don't ask me what a bunch of women who don't know each other, talk about.

I'm not sure.  I have not been around a large group of women strangers for several decades. My social circles probably are more 1 to 1 most of the time.

For sure, with women cyclists, we will look at each other's bikes and ask casually on something related to one another's cycling. I certainly have. And now have 2 good friends.

It seems my sisters like to talk shit about anyone who isn’t there and if you are a male it doesn’t matter if you are there or not… They’ll talk mad shit to your face and get hostile if you say anything back…

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

It seems my sisters like to talk shit about anyone who isn’t there and if you are a male it doesn’t matter if you are there or not… They’ll talk mad shit to your face and get hostile if you say anything back…

Ok.  I think you're sisters are venting.  I don't think all women are like that. 

With my sisters, it does tend to be direct and honest with one another. Then move on to other stuff.

I used to, but I kept misplacing them at work, or they would fall out when exiting the car and I wouldn’t notice. Got out of the habit. I need to get back in the habit. Can’t tell you how many times one would be handy and I don’t have one. 

• Heart 2

26 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Nope but my Dad did and we'd always borrow it when we were opening Christmas presents or wanted to open wine when we were traveling.

I have my small multi-tool jack knife in my kitchen drawer.  I might have used it less than 10 times in past 4 decades.

Heck, I even had to use one to cut part of the jeans leg off one time when I had a pile of treated lumber shift in the rain and catch my pants leg. luckily that was all it caught. I was unloading a truck by myself, and most folks had gone for the day. It would have been a long, cold, and wet wait in the mountains of Colorado without my knife.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

I don’t carry a knife, I carry a talon. Blade assist open, and easy to close one handed if needed.

This is the o e I keep on me daily, I got three other Typs in my truck at all times.. I honestly don’t think I’ve gone a day without one on me in 20 years. 

IMG_7098.jpeg