Do you still have a clock radio?

Kirby

During my youth ages ago, a clock radio was an important part of the bedroom decor and a necessity to get up in the morning.  I recall 'advancements" that seemed so exciting at the time - weekday mode where you didn't have to turn it off on weekends, dual alarm technology and  even the addition of a cd player.

Do you still have one in your room?  If not, what do you use for an alarm?  Your phone, your watch, a stand alone clock, Alexa?

• Heart 2

Yes.  My partner uses one. It is singing "Dreamweaver" at this very second.  I like the song.  I think he hit snooze and then got up before the alarm went off.  Now, it's playing talking heads.  BURNUNG DOWN THE HOUSE!!!  

When that alarm goes off, I get up and start his coffee.  I like to do what I can to help him with this wicked shift.  I don't use one on my nightstand.  When he isn't on shift, I wake naturally.  My natural waking time is excessively early.  I'm used to this shift.  I can't sleep past 5:30 very easily.  

We bought this excellent alarm at the second hand store.  Great buy.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Hugs 1

2 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Yes in Einstein’s side of the bed. Ryan is my alarm clock.  It is one of those atomic clocks where the time is always correct and the radio plays god awful stuff at 5am

Blondie playing now.  CALL ME!!!  

This is far better thn when it was between this station and another.  Waking to loud static is worse.  The misic is better than that terrible beep.

• Heart 3

Somewhere - unplugged I think - is an old iPod clock radio.  You could dock an iPod in it and play the music and it also had the clock function and I think a radio.

In the bedroom, we do have a dimmable digital clock, that is over by the TV.  I use my phone - charging on the bedside table - as my alarm clock - probably for a decade or more now.

• Heart 2

10 hours ago, Kirby said:

During my youth ages ago, a clock radio was an important part of the bedroom decor and a necessity to get up in the morning.  I recall 'advancements" that seemed so exciting at the time - weekday mode where you didn't have to turn it off on weekends, dual alarm technology and  even the addition of a cd player.

Do you still have one in your room?  If not, what do you use for an alarm?  Your phone, your watch, a stand alone clock, Alexa?

I have one with two alarms.  I have one set to radio and one set a little later to alarm bell at the latest possible time to get up in case I keep hitting the snooze button.

I also often fall asleep for the night in my recliner.  If there's a day when I really need to get up at a certain time, I set my phone alarm and the "Free Countdown Timer" app that you can set for a specific time on my laptop.  Otherwise, I keep my bedroom alarm clock radio set to 7:30 am though I'm usually awake by 6:15 am without an alarm.  If I sleep later than that, I figure I must have needed the extra time!

• Heart 1

10 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Since I’m blind without glasses I have an old LED clock with big ass red numbers that I can see without my glasses.  I use my phone when I need an alarm.   

I know a lot of people don't like Alexa or similar appliances in the bedroom, but I use my Alexa for telling time when I wake up during the night since I can't see a thing without my glasses.

Mine is something cheap from Walmart.  Probably an Emerson, but maybe a Sony.  It has bright orange numbers.  I turn it to face away from me at night.  I butt it up against a wooden box on my bedside table to black out the glow.  I seldom use an alarm.  My body wakes up when it needs to, which is sort of weird.  I almost never oversleep.  

I cannot tell you last time I set the alarm on the clock radio, or used the radio feature.

• Heart 1