What does your username mean about you?

Square Wheels

Maddmaxx is a combined play on words.  

A time spent with a much modified Traxxas T-Maxx nitro rc car.  The personality of a famous movie character.  The necessity of using two d's and two x's because the username is unreasonably popular.

It's that rat circus out there, I'm beginning to enjoy it. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

When I raced RC cars, several in our group had team names. One was "Team Z" another was "BLR Racing", etc often based on initials of names. "Team W" seemed too copycat. 

Around that time, Bob Tullius was having a lot of success with his Group 44 race team. I thought, hmmm....Group W. Immediately, I connected with the Group W bench in "Alice's Restaurant". I had to use it. Once the internet became a thing, I used the groupw handle on racing sites at the time. I just kept using it as I moved to other interests. 

• Awesome 1

37 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

You don't mind if I equate you more to this do you?

I like that, quite the video too.

Actually I became longjohn when I met my wife. Her dad is named John and her little brother is named John so adding a third John to the family was confusing. Her dad started calling me longjohn, he was big John, and my wife’s little brother we called John Boy. I now have a son named John and a grandson named John. 

• Heart 2

Mine means my name is Mick and I live in Maryland

I used to use various screen names that reflected my career or interests.  During a 2-week tour of China in 2001, I wore a tee shirt with "Lighthouses of the Chesapeake" on it, wore it a couple days, and was amazed at how many people who had been to Maryland - one whose father was a Chinese ship's captain and exported/imported stuff through the Port of Baltimore - approached me and made comments.

I soon decided on a screen name that would reflect where I was from worked for me.

9 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

zephyr 

noun | ZEFF-er

Definition

:

a breeze from the west

:

a gentle breeze

:

any of various lightweight fabrics and articles of clothing

I'm totally going to "Umm, ACTUALLY" you just because I don't know much but I'm in love with history and the Greco-Roman world.

The word 'zephyr' actually comes from 'Zephyros', the Greek god of the west wind, which was considered the gentlest wind. The warm west wind brought the spring season. Even today the name of the god means a warm and light breeze, which is cool. Er... warm.

As for RedFacedWalrus, I think I was given the name by Page or Wilbur or RG. Can't believe it was five years ago. I'd like to think I'm a walrus at heart, though, despite being 5' 6'' and 125lbs. I need to exercise more, and then I'll be red-faced. We'll pretend that's where it came from! 

EDIT:

I was curious so I looked back on my first post: 

I guess I made it up, I have no idea where it came from. I just changed it away from Danielle2. Dang, that's disappointing. But look at all those classic names posting on my welcome post! :wub:

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

On 4/27/2020 at 5:21 AM, Square Wheels said:

zephyr 

noun | ZEFF-er

Definition

:

a breeze from the west

:

a gentle breeze

:

any of various lightweight fabrics and articles of clothing

A zephyr brush is also the small brush you see the CSI people twirling between their fingers to find and develop finger and footprints

• Awesome 1